Downloads Section (Routes & Maps)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sysagent

"The Most Annoying Man In The World."
Hi Admin,

First of all the new forums are very nice n spinky, loving the new features, in particular the Routes Area...

As a suggestion is it possible in the Downloads | Routes and Maps section to maybe have a sub forum or some way of categorising the routes by location, i.e. Lancashire, Yorkshire, etc, etc or North, South East , West (you get the picture) as I can foresee this area getting used quite a lot (I hope so) and then there will be a confusion of routes just all being in the same place so to speak.

If there was sub forums or categorising this would making the forum area more useful and relative to people depending which area they are from

Thanks

Russ

Shaun

Founder
Hi Admin,

First of all the new forums are very nice n spinky, loving the new features, in particular the Routes Area...

As a suggestion is it possible in the Downloads | Routes and Maps section to maybe have a sub forum or some way of categorising the routes by location, i.e. Lancashire, Yorkshire, etc, etc or North, South East , West (you get the picture) as I can foresee this area getting used quite a lot (I hope so) and then there will be a confusion of routes just all being in the same place so to speak.

If there was sub forums or categorising this would making the forum area more useful and relative to people depending which area they are from

Thanks

Russ

Hi Russ,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I plan to work on the taxonomy of the routes section of downloads in the near future and agree that an area based categorisation is probably going to be best. Country > Region > Town perhaps?

Cheers,
Shaun :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Sysagent

Sysagent

"The Most Annoying Man In The World."
Hi Shaun,

Aye some form of "pigeon holing" the routes will make the area more user friendly which in turn will make it more popular and attractive for people to use and also add to, don't know if it needs to go down to town level but certainly County would be helpful.

Perhaps if the threads posted in there could have tags embedded in them i.e. Lancashire, rural, Trough of Bowland, then the forum back end software could stick them in the relevant section automatically.

This would save some hassle and also allow people to search for routes using the tags as well?

Also it might a good idea to have some form of comments area under the route where people can post their thoughts etc on what they thought of it

Russ

Top Bottom