Dozy Pigeon.....but it lived to fly away.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Lying in the garden yesterday when a pigeon flew right past and straight into the kitchen window. It bounced off and somehow flew away. I honestly thought the window was broken.
Photo is from inside.
20190827_103754.jpg

Last edited:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
We get kamakazi pigeons that fly directly at the train, some manage to dodge and fly over the top. The loud thud as those that don't and hit the windscreen is very loud. Those don't normally fly away. The waxy mark on the window is always a sign of a pigeon strike.

Last week I saw a pigeon flying towards me at car radiator height, being followed by a car. Surprisingly the pidgeon did not take evasive action and on impact, was sent tumbling into a hedge. It emerged, still flying but minus a few feathers.

For the last couple of years I have been putting out food for the birds in the back garden every day. I guess word has got round, and I now get plenty of "customers" at the feeder. But I now also get probably one bird per week flying into the kitchen window in the effort to take off or land in the garden.....

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
A large electromagnet in your garden will stop that.

D

Deleted member 26715

Once heabutted a crow whilst doing 40mph on a motorbike, my neck ached for days, the crow came off a lot worse

Top Bottom