Dr. Craig Ventor lecture tonight... Wow!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

I caught the last half of the lecture tonight on beeb one. Dr. Craig Ventor was the speaker and I have to say he got and kept my 100% attention. This guy needs to be listened to by us all, because it is us (the consumer) who needs to wake up and change in order to ensure our planets, & our species survival. :smile::becool: well done the beeb for showing this:smile:

http://www.jcvi.org/research/

Abitrary

Bigtallfatbloke said:
I caught the last half of the lecture tonight on beeb one. Dr. Craig Ventor was the speaker and I have to say he got and kept my 100% attention. This guy needs to be listened to by us all, because it is us (the consumer) who needs to wake up and change in order to ensure our planets, & our species survival. :smile::becool: well done the beeb for showing this:smile:

http://www.jcvi.org/research/

You..... nut..... job. I thought better of you.

You don't like Bob Dylan but now you are into Dr. Craig Ventor, simply because he held your attention.

Please at least listen to a Bob Dylan album before you waste too much money on this expensive looney truth

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Bob Dylan has a lot to answer for. If he didnt insist on making such crap CD's peeps wouldnt have to burn them in their billions and ruin the ozone layer. We could easily solve the looming planetary scale disasters by illiminating Bob Dylan.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Bigtallfatbloke said:
Bob Dylan has a lot to answer for. If he didnt insist on making such crap CD's peeps wouldnt have to burn them in their billions and ruin the ozone layer. We could easily solve the looming planetary scale disasters by illiminating Bob Dylan.
Or we could just illuminate him....

GaryA

Subversive Sage
It sounded like the ultamite technofantasists wet dream...... only at the end did he admit the 'slight timescale and volume' problem ...talk about a slight understatement :smile: :blush:

I thought he was dire - but then I watched the beginning. It's possible that the second half was interesting, but the idea that the only way to save humankind would be to think new thoughts, in a kind of happening DNA discovery kind of way simply begged the question 'Why is this man wearing such awful clothes?'

Abitrary

Things can change to green
They could be better than they've ever been
For you and me
Things can change to green
They could be better than we've ever seen
In history

The Green Anthem - Bob Dylan

Top Bottom