Drafting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Pretty much...

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Look up a story about Greg LeMond getting the shoots while riding a stage of the Tour de France....

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Taking turns drafting is a chain gang. Drafting is following a rider to get the benefit of his slipstream. Much easier to ride because there is less wind resistance.

Chrisz

Über Member
reiver said:
Is this where cyclists with their heads down and bums up tuck in close behind each other and take turns breaking wind?

Hmmm, what magazines do you read?? Sounds like something out of "Blue Oyster Bar Monthly" :biggrin: :bicycle: :bicycle: :tongue:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Drafting is getting into the slipstream of another anything. I usually draft buses - they do a fair speed, and make a point of not slamming on the anchors (it sends the punters flying).

Shaun

Founder
[quote name='swee'pea99']Drafting is getting into the slipstream of another anything. I usually draft buses - they do a fair speed, and make a point of not slamming on the anchors (it sends the punters flying).[/QUOTE]

HGVs are good too, but much more dangerous and they can brake incredibly hard and come to a very quick stop at times.

Don't ask me how I know this, but suffice to say that there has been at least one trailer with a face shaped smudge on the back of it heading out of Hull ... :angry:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

justAl

LOL Shaun, I know of a couple of Corpy buses in Liverpool with similar dents. The 55 was always a common one and 81d Speke. Funny how they're remembered so clearly!

Shaun

Founder
justAl said:
LOL Shaun, I know of a couple of Corpy buses in Liverpool with similar dents. The 55 was always a common one and 81d Speke. Funny how they're remembered so clearly!

Buses are ace, but they stop too often - you just get your speed built up and then those little red tail lights come on and spoil the fun. B)

Gives the school kids a good laugh in a morning though when some sweaty old grey-haired lump comes chasing at the back window of the bus ... :biggrin:

Top Bottom