Drago's now traditional Winter 2023-24 murder deathkill slaughter annihilation chaos mayhem insanity weather thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dammit Janet!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
How much rain can it chuck at us I damn' well ask! 🧐 Yes, I know that tweed was/is designed for the extreme elements and it does seem to take it, but I have jackets hanging up over buckets while they drip dry!🧐

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I thought our ski lifts were a little on the windy side here in Les Arcs yesterday…

Strong winds jolt Italy ski lift with passengers on board https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68695712
😱

Holy Starmer!

gbb

Legendary Member
And we'll look back on this winter and think....yeah, winter 23/24.... can you remember ? It was frosty as heck on November 23rd ?
Winter, what winter? ( it seems to me at least)
Dark and wet is about as bad as we saw it overall.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
And we'll look back on this winter and think....yeah, winter 23/24.... can you remember ? It was frosty as heck on November 23rd ?
Winter, what winter? ( it seems to me at least)
Dark and wet is about as bad as we saw it overall.

In Northern Finland, it was following the overall trend of being somewhat warmer than in in the past but in Jan and Feb they had some cold snaps that were as cold as anyone could remember. Cue a spate of people posting pictures on Facebook of thermometers of -37C and the like.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
And winter is refusing to let go. 3°C here this morning, frost visible in some shaded hollows. The day brightened up slightly but that NE wind is biting.

Fortunately the new Drago Tower is super insulated so survived without having the heating on, but had I still been in the old place I'd have almost certainly lit the fire by now.

It seems we have only two seasons, a 6 month winter of dreariness and a mild wet summer with maybe 3 or 4 scorching days if we're lucky. Spring and autumn have gone for a jolly.

Top Bottom