Drain Covers!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
dont know if anyone has already posted about this but just a warning .if you are cycling in the warwickshire area around wooten wowen, henley etc there are loads of bloody drain covers missing! be careful

Sambu

Pikeys!

Sambu

im not bigoted, im bored! (actually both)

the ninja turtles are more likely culprits thinking about it!

longers

Legendary Member
^ they'll do for starters.

There were a few that went missing in the Trough of Bowland. A good reason for riding further out.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
fosse way too - theyre always getting nicked. Costs a lot to replace and creates quite a hazzard. One day some bright spark will make a plastic equivalent one hopes....

oh and the ones in the fosse way are about 4 foot long - a bit bigger than average but you'd think their scrap value isnt too much

zacklaws

Guru
Somebody knicked a load from around my way a few years back, and another time I was driving along and could not make out what all the large black objects were scattered all over the road at regular intervals, presumed some lorry had lost part of its load, luckily I never hit any because a bit further up the road, a car had stopped and when I checked if they had a problem, they had lost there sump on a drain cover laid on the road. Some dickhead had lifted all the covers and left them laid on the road.

rh100

Thanks for the warning.

The road coming off the A45 from Meriden towards Maxstoke had a load missing last week when I drove through. Most had cones put in them but a couple were open.

As if potholes weren't bad enough we have this to worry about as well.

Top Bottom