Drier than the Gobi desert!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The ludicrous weather predictions have started for the summer. http://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/802877/hosepipe-ban-2017-water-shortage-drought-uk
You lot down south are in for a hosepipe ban. Even us northerners are facing one,if it doesn't rain for a month. This'll be the kiss of death. Like when the idiotic headlines boast about it being hotter in Britain than the Bahamas etc. As soon as they start with their "hotter than" and "drier than" headlines and predictions the weather changes and it turns cold or pees down for a month. It hasn't rained around here for weeks,but i'm not complaining. I miss the rain for its ability to wash the dog pee stains off the pavement and that's about it!:rain:

D

Deleted member 1258

It rained here yesterday, something my plants were grateful for.

SWSteve

Guru
It's arely rained here for about a month. It rained last night, but I don't know how heavy it was - but the rhynes which were almost dry on Monday seem to have filled...

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
15mm in April at a nearby weather station. October and December were very dry. November was quite a lot wetter than average. January half the average precipitation, Feb and March completely average rainfall.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It is very dry down in SE London / Kent boarders and has been for a while
I think the cold temperatures have masked the total lack of rain.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
We're just coming out of the dry season with a bit more rain now. There a period called 'the Hamatan' when a hot dry wind comes from the Sahara together with a fine dusty sand which covers everything and even makes the sun hazy.

U

User6179

The rain is coming over the gutter here , think we are getting a months worth of rain in an hour .

You do not live in the North.

Accrington to Thurso is 465 miles
Accrington to Brighton is 290 miles

So you are very southern.

Any Fule kno that the arbiter of North and South is Watford Gap

Accrington is above Watford Gap... that is all

Top Bottom