Drift Cameras

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
It is a good camera. A little larger than a contour.
It may be worth looking at the Contour and GoPro range, I believe they can also be powered whilst on.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
When I was looking into getting a decent helmet cam, I was strongly thinking about Drift. I think they are a newer company than Contour and GoPro but they are on the same quality and feature level.

The thing I liked about the Drift's is that they have a screen on them, meaning you can review footage immediately. It also comes with a remote.
Footage from the camera (dont know which one) can be found on TheGardenSnake's channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGardenSnake?feature=g-u-u).

They have a similar feild of view to the Contour but as Gaz said, they are a bit bulky and wouldnt really suit a helmet.
As far as a dashcam though, it would probably be fine. But I dont know if they make a mount for it.

BSRU

A Human Being
You can use a the 12v auxiliary(cigarette lighter) socket to power both the GoPro and the Contour(Contour needs a special cable).

P_Dalen

I have used a Drift HD170 Stealth as a commuting helmetcam for almost one and a half year. It's very robust and weather resistant, even under Norwegian winter conditions. But I have never actually needed the display (apart from showing camera settings). The remote control was put in some drawer at home and is still there!

BSRU

A Human Being
Sony and JVC are about to launch "sports camera's" and I have read that they will have image stabilisation.

P_Dalen

[QUOTE 1998965, member: 9609"]Any pictures of it attached to your helmet - I am curious as to how big it looks.?[/quote]Sorry, no...

[QUOTE 1998965, member: 9609"]Any youtube liknks to any road use??[/quote]See sig.

[QUOTE 1998965, member: 9609"]sort of battery life are you getting, and has the battery lasted?[/quote]I use the camera about 1 hour every day, and then it is necessary to charge the battery every second day. I haven't replaced the battery so far.
My lens cover broke once when the camera fell on the floor. I contaced Drift and got a spare lens cover for postage cost (£5) paid by paypal. Good service.

BSRU

A Human Being
[QUOTE 1998970, member: 9609"]I wish you hadn't told me that, I was just about to splash the cash[/quote]
Unfortunately no idea when they will be released.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
It is a good camera. A little larger than a contour.
It may be worth looking at the Contour and GoPro range, I believe they can also be powered whilst on.
The roam cant. Wont record when i have tried, unless im doing something wrong

BSRU

A Human Being
The roam cant. Wont record when i have tried, unless im doing something wrong
Contour have frigged the USB port so that a standard USB cable will not allow a user to recharge and record at the same time.
You would need the special Contour 12v cigarette lighter charging cable.

Top Bottom