Drift Stealth2 headcam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi, bought this about 18 months ago. no problems until 2 weeks ago when turning it on for a ride discovered it was dead. No amount of charging, button pressing, usb connecting etc has worked. Computer states device has malfunctioned.

Sent email to Drift a week ago, asking if they could fix it or help with the problem. Automatic reply stating we will get back to you. Nothing received so this morning sent them another email asking if someone could reply with some help. Get a reply an hour later along the lines of sorry I am having problems with product. However, they don't offer repairs to their product line as "cost would not be a feasible option". They then suggest scouring websites "such as Amazon or Ebay" for refurbished units/parts. Then end the email saying if camera is not functional they can offer a great deal off a new camera "DRIFTLOVE 20" which I presume is a 20% offer - not really worth it anyway as all cameras on their website are sold out !

So, is their response reasonable? Its clearly out of the years warranty you get but I still would have expected it to last 18 months (not been misused in any way) and even then I dont mind paying for a repair but they wont even do that.

thoughts?

J1888

Über Member
That's a shame, I guess 12 months warranty is probably standard. I'd have thought that as a company they might offer a better deal than 20% off a new one - i.e. maybe 50% of a refurb model. So in short, no, I wouldn't be happy with 20% off a new model (if that's what you're being offered) but sounds like there's little you can do aside from not buying anything from them again.

OP
OP
iancity

iancity

Veteran
Thanks fir the reply guys, I have replied to Drift saying I'm a bit dissappointed with their initial reply, see what they say and may incorporate some of the above if still not satisfied.

Thanks

netwiz

If Drift don't have any to sell, then no amount of discount will help. I've been looking, and they appear to be getting hard to find, including on eBay. Maybe they have a temporary supply issue, or maybe they are going out of business. If they're not selling, they're not making money.

OP
OP
iancity

iancity

Veteran
Netwiz, wouldnt bother m8. Got a further reply off Drift, basically "tough". Camera only 18 months old, not been misused in any way and they are refusing to repair it "too costly" but are happy to offer 20% off a new one...err I dont think so, I expected it to last longer than 18 months and there is no way I will buy another one. They have been no help, no suggestions what to do, nothing other than "sorry, wanna buy another one?"
Not sure where to go from here, gutted really, probably take some of the advice mentioned above about 2 years etc.
Netwiz if you still want to get something from them (they said in their latest email they expect stock this week) then I was given the code DRIFTLOVE20 if you want to use it. I wont be :-(

netwiz

Unsurprisingly still no stock on the Drift site. Makes you wonder. I bought a Panasonic HX-A1. Not used in anger yet, but looks good so far.

Top Bottom