Drink driver Beth Mackie only gets 5 years

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I read that article and interestingly - is it? is it really? - can't remember seeing any of the words "crime", "criminal" or "killer". Instead it seems I've read something about 2 victims of an accident or incident with consequences for one intelligent and hard working young victim and a dead victim who was wearing a helmet.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Somehow it seems a shame that there is not a life-time driving ban available.

There is.
Somehow it seems an absolute outrage that the life-time driving ban option, which apparently is available, is not used more often!

A life time driving ban is really an irrelevance to many drivers

If a driver is already driving a "disposable" car without a licence, insurance or MOT then banning them from driving them will simply see them driving whilst banned, without a license, insurance or MOT

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A life time driving ban is really an irrelevance to many drivers

If a driver is already driving a "disposable" car without a licence, insurance or MOT then banning them from driving them will simply see them driving whilst banned, without a license, insurance or MOT
Send them to prison for 5 years for doing that!

That is not a good enough reason not to use it. We cannot accept a lack of respect for the law as a reason not to enforce it.
Not immediately but a scale that goes, one week, one month, one month and crush car, six months and crush car, etc should have some effect.

I was not suggesting that it was not used, simply pointing out that as in all legal censures there are those that will ignore

Top Bottom