Driver Training Course

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I just looked at the notification letter (I still have it)...it doesn't actually state the speed, merely that I exceeded the limit, so I'm not sure where I got 32 mph from yet it's stuck in my head...perhaps the guys at the awareness course told me,or maybe I'm just remembering it wrong :wacko:.

I looked at the implications on my insurance. At the time they only asked if I'd been convicted of an offence, which I believe I have not. I hope I'm right.

Some insurance companies do now ask if you have had any driving convictions or done a course in the last however long.

What we don't know is what account they take of the answer.

My understanding is most companies won't load a premium for a single three point speeding conviction or a course, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Might be best not to get another one, which means driving like a monk at least for a couple of years.

As regards the speed, you should have a record of it somewhere in the paperwork.

It is an absolute offence, the camera is deemed to be accurate, so anything over 30mph makes out the offence.

Individual safety camera partnerships seem to have different policies on prosecuting.

I've heard not particularly reliable reports of drivers being done for 31mph, plenty of reliable reports for 32mph and above.

Another policy that appears to be generally applied is how much over you can be but still be offered a course.

That is generally 10 per cent plus 9mph, quite generous because it means you could have been doing 42mph in the 30mph and still been offered a course.

Above that, and it's time to google the address of the local magistrates' court.

Here's Lancashire's take on it as an example, but as I say, this stuff can vary a bit from area to area.

http://www.lancashire.police.uk/faq...unity-to-attend-a-speed-awareness-course.aspx

Keith Oates

Janner
Shaun is setting up a forum course targeting people who exceed the exclamation mark limit. You're booked on the six month intensive.
Shaun is setting up a forum course targeting people who exceed the exclamation mark limit. You're booked on the six month intensive.
I don't think so.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom