Drivers fined for getting too close to cyclists...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Drivers fined for getting too close to cyclists, unfortunately not here, but given that our politicians love to ape the Americans, maybe they will copy this new law in Illinois. Here's to hoping!

Cyclists in the USA seem to have to put up with some amount of cr@p, somebody posted this on the net last week, its nothing other than intimidating but it sure would have intimidated me in a country where over 25% carry a gun (90 per every 100 people :becool: )

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Hlab's got a point. US cyclists get a lot of grief. They'd love to cycle in Britain like we would in the Netherlands.

BSRU

A Human Being
Are problem would be enforcing it, as with all the other laws that exist but are not really used. Then the lawyers will use anything they can to allow their clients to escape justice.

If they made it part of anti-terror legislation I am sure the Police would use it.

skrx

HLaB said:
a country where over 25% carry a gun (90 per every 100 people :becool: )

That's 90 guns per 100 people. Not 90 percent of people owning a gun, and certainly not 90% of people carrying a gun. (Though I expect the USA is high on the list for both those statistics too.)

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
HLaB said:
Cyclists in the USA seem to have to put up with some amount of cr@p, somebody posted this on the net last week, its nothing other than intimidating but it sure would have intimidated me in a country where over 25% carry a gun (90 per every 100 people :ohmy: )

I have read letters and comments on line by both Americans and Australians saying how they should basically be allowed to run a cyclist over. All for slowing them down for a few seconds.

I'd love to go in the ring with these prats. Havent boxed for years but I'm pretty sure I could knock some sense into 90% of these larda***es. Or have fun trying. :blush:

downfader said:
I have read letters and comments on line by both Americans and Australians saying how they should basically be allowed to run a cyclist over. All for slowing them down for a few seconds.

I'd love to go in the ring with these prats. Havent boxed for years but I'm pretty sure I could knock some sense into 90% of these larda***es. Or have fun trying. :evil:

The problem, here in the US, with offering resolution through knocking some sense into 'em is they'll just shoot you before you get close enough to apply the first lesson.

And you've gotta watch the larda***es as they have plenty of places to hid a gun.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/20301265/detail.html

PBancroft

downfader said:

I'd love to go in the ring with these prats. Havent boxed for years but I'm pretty sure I could knock some sense into 90% of these larda***es. Or have fun trying. :evil:

I think this post speaks volumes about human nature.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
marzjennings said:
The problem, here in the US, with offering resolution through knocking some sense into 'em is they'll just shoot you before you get close enough to apply the first lesson.

And you've gotta watch the larda***es as they have plenty of places to hid a gun.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/20301265/detail.html

I'm not talking about road-side fighting, more an organised "satisfaction" like the old days. Heres a day, plonk them in the ring with someone to champion themselves or another. Its a daft fantasy revenge I know. :rolleyes:

That link is awesome btw! Once heard that someone lost a remote for the telly in a similar fashion

downfader said:
I'm not talking about road-side fighting, more an organised "satisfaction" like the old days. Heres a day, plonk them in the ring with someone to champion themselves or another. Its a daft fantasy revenge I know. :sad:

That link is awesome btw! Once heard that someone lost a remote for the telly in a similar fashion

It's not a bad idea, I had a geology teacher who thought the same. If boys want to fight then lets put a ring up in the gym, give 'em a pair of gloves and have at it. I guess it worked because it was amazing how many kids backed down from a public fight and would rather talk through any problems.

Still wouldn't work in the US, because as Chris Rock said,"You got a gun, you don't have to work out."

I like Houston because of some of really big people. At 16 stone I'm officially svelte compared to everyone else.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
marzjennings said:
It's not a bad idea, I had a geology teacher who thought the same. If boys want to fight then lets put a ring up in the gym, give 'em a pair of gloves and have at it. I guess it worked because it was amazing how many kids backed down from a public fight and would rather talk through any problems.

Still wouldn't work in the US, because as Chris Rock said,"You got a gun, you don't have to work out."

I like Houston because of some of really big people. At 16 stone I'm officially svelte compared to everyone else.

I know a couple of ex-army lads (they sometimes filter into industrial catering after they leave) and it was the same there. Coupla lads getting angry with each other, threats get made and the Officers had enough and put them in the ring.

Chris Rock has done loads of quality stuff about gun culture. I love the jokes about black p*rn and $1000 bullets. Cant repeat them here for obvious reasons. ;) As a side note - dont know why he's often rfered to as a "young Eddie Murphy" as he's better than that.

No one beats Prior imo, worlds greatest comedian:becool:

Top Bottom