Drivers on the phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iendicott

This morning riding into work and noticed a car getting rather close to me so much so I nearly got knocked off,
As he went past I noticed he was on the phone.

Called up the local police station and to be honest they where not really that interested.

So if anyone is cycling around Peterborough here are the details of this dangerous driver so you can keep clear of him....

Location : Heading North on Bradwell Road in Netherton, just passed Elmore Road.
Reg number : AS07 FSS
Time : 9:20am
Car : Black Range Rover

:angry:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Driving whilst having a phone call is actually more dangerous than drivin whilst over the drink drive limit.
But it's not seen that way, I bet if you rang up about a drink driver they would be straight on it!

Tynan

Veteran
I know, and so easy for them to check that the driver was on the phone at the time reported and indeed at other times when the driver would have been driving

The few instances where someone gets this against them in court is when they've actually had an accident and hurt someone, it gets thrown in then as a charge, no-one seems bothered by it pro-actively

'black range rover'

what a surprise

Driving whilst having a phone call is actually more dangerous than drivin whilst over the drink drive limit.
But it's not seen that way, I bet if you rang up about a drink driver they would be straight on it!

I wonder if it's to do with public perceptions at all? I see drink driving and driving while using a phone as equally bad personally, but I can see how the sight of someone drinking from a wine bottle or beercan while driving might seem more shocking to a lot of people than someone who is 'just using their phone', possibly because the latter is so widespread and they've become used to seeing it.

I can't remember the last time I saw someone actually drinking alcohol while they were in a vehicle.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
How do people still afford to fill them up. Must be getting on for £120-£150 a tank these days.
When your a director of Deloitte that is chicken feed, I'm just the poor relation :sad:

Matthames

Über Member
It really irritates me when I see drivers on their mobiles. Bit like this chap here:

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7i4L9S9Dbc[/media]

Btw, that chap has been reported to the police. Apparently nearly 30% of drivers surveyed have admitted to using a mobile phone whilst driving in a poll done by the RAC recently. Those sorts of figures, even though they don't surprise me are still fairly shocking to read. Sitting at that particular location where I filmed that chap I can quickly run out of fingers to count with for spotting people using mobile phones whilst driving.

abo

I wouldn't bet on it, a couple of years ago the people over the road from me had a Eurovision party (...). They own a business abd late on two of them were sat in the van, engine running, pissed and listening to their music loudly. It woke the kids up who sleep in the front bedrooms, so I went over and asked them to turn the music down. Not off, just down.

Well, they got all arsey, and an Irish guy got out and started being aggresive. I couldn't be arsed with a fistfight so I just went back into my house and phoned the cops. I reported them being drunk in charge of a motor vehicle and threatening behaviour.

The police came, saw them in the van and crept past. Didn't stop, just crept past and then drove off. Big help, thanks...

The van has the business' landline number on the side (their house). The next morning, phonecalls kept waking them up from their drunken slumber :whistle:

Tinuts

Wham Bam Helmet Cam
How do people still afford to fill them up. Must be getting on for £120-£150 a tank these days.
Yes, amazing isn't it? £50k's worth of eco-unfriendly tonnage on the road and they can't even be bothered to spend £5 on a hands-free kit. Range Rovers should all come with an obligatory two fingered salute painted on the side. But then I guess the message is clear anyway. No wonder Clarkson drives one.
whistling.gif

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
To be frank, I think those using hands-free kits are equal James Blunts to the hand held ones. It doesn't make any difference to the risk to the rest of us.

Tinuts

Wham Bam Helmet Cam
To be frank, I think those using hands-free kits are equal James Blunts to the hand held ones. It doesn't make any difference to the risk to the rest of us.
I agree. Based on the evidence currently available any use of a mobile whilst driving should, logically, be banned. However, at least an attempt to use a hands-free shows some willingness to respect current legislation, even if it does fly in the face of logic.

Top Bottom