Drivetrain issue??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ShinSplint

Strange one this, went to get my bike out this morning, and found that although everything looks fine with the positining of the chain etc, when turning the pedals nothing happens, as though the drivetrain has no affect on the bike :tongue:

Any idea what it could be?

Having driven to work instead and realised how cold it is, its probably just as well :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
If I think what you are trying to explain. You are turning the cranks and it's not turning the wheel right? If that is the case then it sounds like that maybe the pawls in the freehub body have seized. If so you need to get the wheel off, take off the cassette. Flush the freehub with degreaser, relube and replace.

Here will give you a better idea at how to do the above

OP
OP
S

ShinSplint

cheers Ian, thats right, the wheel doesnt turn. Don't really fancy tackling it myself, looks a fiddly job !

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yep, you will need the correct tools to do the job. And will probably be a bit messy. A trip to your local bike shop with get it moving again no problems.

ShinSplint said:
cheers Ian, thats right, the wheel doesnt turn. Don't really fancy tackling it myself, looks a fiddly job !

OP
OP
S

ShinSplint

snorri said:
Maybe the pawls are frozen, I hope you don't leave your bicycle out in the cold in this frosty weather?:smile: :smile:

Nah, I didnt leave it outside, but I did leave it stood for 2 months without use :tongue: following a very wet Richmond ride

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
a fiver? great service from that lbs.

Top Bottom