Driving Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Origamist

Origamist

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
I realise that, but why have daft stuff like waving bunnies etc. I think this has been done to death now, bears, murders etc. Why not give people a chance to see that using a mobile has a real life effect in an as real life situation as possible, i.e. simulated driving?

Because it's dull and not likely to grab your attention. In a TRL lab what you're saying makes sense, but you're not Joe Public, Magatom - they want a pay-off, not a worthy simulation.

Origamist said:
Because it's dull and not likely to grab your attention. In a TRL lab what you're saying makes sense, but you're not Joe Public, Magatom - they want a pay-off, not a worthy simulation.

I dunno, people like to prove their skills. If joe public had a chance to show they could beat the system (of course they wouldn't) then they would give it a go.

OP
OP
Origamist

Origamist

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
I dunno, people like to prove their skills. If joe public had a chance to show they could beat the system (of course they wouldn't) then they would give it a go.

But would it be as memorable and effective as the bunny gimmick? I'm not sure.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I guess the thing about having loads of pedestrians at once makes up for the fact that there was no other traffic or anything to look at as there would be in a busy town.

OP
OP
Origamist

Origamist

Legendary Member
Arch said:
I guess the thing about having loads of pedestrians at once makes up for the fact that there was no other traffic or anything to look at as there would be in a busy town.

And you're not actually having to drive!

Top Bottom