Driving Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nilling

Über Member
Missed 8 questions also - fix? hmmmm..

Nearly hit a rabbit though! Mental maths must really be poor as I was nowhere near...

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Woman sounded so much like Mrs Dr Bollo that it was easy to tune her out. :sad: Yes dear....no dear.....yes dear.....

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
snapper_37 said:
Missed 3 questions and counted 34. Got the rabbit thing.

Good test that.
Don't believe you about the questions - I think it's 8 misses every time... unless it mysteriously didn't register my pressing of the spacebar 8 times on both attempts. :ohmy:

missed 8 questions,

got the t shirts correct and spotted the bunny

my brain has pleanty of practice filtering stuff in order of importance, such as not quite hearing my mum while i'm doing work

pleased that i obviously had my attention set on the surroundings in the test and not the phone - but i'll still not be answering calls when driving

anweledig

tricky one isn't it. I got the pedestrian count right but missed 4 questions (my wife would recognise that result :ohmy: ). Totally missed the b****y rabbit though.

Still I won't answer the mobile when I'm moving and don't have a handsfree either. But it's scary to think that the rabbit could have been me on a bike.

Arch

Married to Night Train
thomas said:
Failed the 8 questions, got 1 point less on the t-shirts (not too shabby))...and did see the rabbit but didn't really think it was odd when driving, but remembered it when looking back :ohmy:.

I was quite pleased with only being one point out. Until you stop and think, that's potentially one ped you've mown down - maybe they need to make that point. Points mean lives, etc

I does seem there is a fault with the question thing, from what abchandler says.

Still a good test though.

hulver

Fat bloke on a bike
Arch said:
I was quite pleased with only being one point out. Until you stop and think, that's potentially one ped you've mown down - maybe they need to make that point. Points mean lives, etc

I don't think that's quite valid. Part of a problem is trying to keep track of streams of people coming from both sides of you wearing different coloured t-shirts. It's quite difficult to do anyway, even without ignoring some woman wittering away on the phone :ohmy:

A more realistic test would be to have the car just driving along, and having to count the t-shirts at the side of the road.

albal

Guru
was 1 short on the count, 8 questions missed??? saw the rabbit but what was is all about:?? where was the 'hang up' button???

I must admit I don't think it is a great test. Counting coloured T-shirts and spotting waving bunnies has nothing to do with driving safely. If your going to set up test like this, it needs to be more realistic to have an impact, i.e. hit the spacebar when you spot a hazard, whilst listening to someone talking. You could prove that they have paid attention by asking questions about the conversation afterwards.

Do this with and without the converstation and compare results. This would have a greater impact IMO, though it might not hold interest though...

OP
OP
Origamist

Origamist

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
I must admit I don't think it is a great test. Counting coloured T-shirts and spotting waving bunnies has nothing to do with driving safely. If your going to set up test like this, it needs to be more realistic to have an impact, i.e. hit the spacebar when you spot a hazard, whilst listening to someone talking. You could prove that they have paid attention by asking questions about the conversation afterwards.

Do this with and without the converstation and compare results. This would have a greater impact IMO, though it might not hold interest though...

It isn't a driving simulation - it's purpose is to suggest that it is difficult to focus on more than one task at once. That's all.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Missed 8 questions and count out by about 5 - but it took me a bit to get into the test... tried it again and did even worse... its hard counting so many people walking both ways... point being I did see them (you don't need to know what colour a car is - though if its a bike you might want to look at the make etc in a bit more detail:biggrin:)

Origamist said:
It isn't a driving simulation - it's purpose is to suggest that is is difficult to focus on more than one task at once. That's all.

I realise that, but why have daft stuff like waving bunnies etc. I think this has been done to death now, bears, murders etc. Why not give people a chance to see that using a mobile has a real life effect in an as real life situation as possible, i.e. simulated driving?

Top Bottom