Driving fast is worse than carrying a knife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Disagree, it's all about the appropriate/inappropriate speed, it could well be the 0mph is the appropriate speed & 1mph is inappropriate, speed rarely kills, it's the car/driver that does that.
So we agree that 0mph is safe? Good.
How about 163mph? Would you agree that is very very rarely safe?

(30mph is really very dangerous, compared to 0mph. Therefore drivers should think very carefully before changing speed from 0 to 30mph. They should continue to think carefully until they've reduced the speed back to 0mph, not assume that it's safe just because nothing bad has happened for quite a long time.)

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
As usual, the journalists have distorted the content of the article in order to create a controversial clickbait headline.

The senior police officer in question does not refer to "driving fast"; he refers to "extreme speed" and gives the example of someone caught doing 163mph on the M1.
I wish we could see the article.
Linking to a paywall is very unhelpful for a reasoned comment.
But I concur that the headline is probably misleading.

I believe I may have inadvertantly added to the amount of knife crime on the streets of Britain when I popped down to the corner shop during a break on a flooring job. I has a folding knife in my pocket which was probably not street legal. Luckily I didnt kill anyone but imagine if the worst happened. Even a moment's lack of concentration could have resulted in a nasty stabbing.
Knife crime: lets stamp it out!

Top Bottom