Driving Licence information

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I applied for an on-line bank account and was stupid enough to use their Freepost address. The application never arrived. Included in it was a photocopy of my driving licence which could be in anybody's hands by now.

What mischief could they get up to? My name, address and date of birth are probably easily accessible from elsewhere. I am concerned that someone might now have my driving licence number and a specimen of my signature.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Data of birth is on the driving license as well.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
If it is Barclays then the application probably arrived it is just lost in their stupid system. Personally I would not worry, plenty of people will have access to your driving licence, I assume at some point you have hired a car.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
That's correct.

Not many people realise that the driver number is a scrambled version of their date of birth and also has their gender code in it.
It is also possible to tell if you are the only person, with the same name - born on that date, who holds a licence. ;)

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Plenty of stupid millennials post photos of their pink slips on Internet. Then wonder how people know everything about them. :whistle::hyper:

OP
OP
Chris S

Chris S

Legendary Member
Ford Money have just informed me that they have now received my documents. They only took 12 days to arrive and it's now to late to activate the online account. At least nobody dodgy got hold of my personal information.

Top Bottom