Driving mileage ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
BTFB's post made me think...

I use the bike more than ever nowadays, and its reflected in my car mileage.
I used to do 8 to 10,000 miles a year, drive to work, use the car freely, cycle occasionally to work if the weather was good.

Its the opposite now...i will be pushed to do 6000 miles this year, always want to cycle, and if the weathers really too bad, i feel guilty and sad for not using the bike..

Am i a bad boy for even managing 6000 in the car....surely not ;);):tongue:

snorri

Legendary Member
gbb said:
Am i a bad boy for even managing 6000 in the car....surely not ;):tongue::ohmy:

Well done! Still room for improvement though.:tongue::wacko:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
About 0.05 miles in 38 years :wacko:!!! That was during my one and only driving lesson given to me by my dad in a field in Scotland when I was a teenager. I got confused as to which pedal did what, and the car shot forwards with him screaming at me to stop. The car eventually stopped |<- this ->| far from hitting a big concrete gate post ;). I decided that I'd stick to riding bicycles... :tongue:

bonj2

don't know but i'm quite proud of the fact that due to my cycling my van's still got half a tank of fuel left after filling it up at last weekend.

stephec

Legendary Member
I'm a service engineer and go all over the country in my company car, it's just turned three years old and has 118,000 miles on the clock. ;):tongue::ohmy:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
< 2000. Quite a few of the trips turn out to be accidentally useful trips like ferrying someone I know with a wheelchair out occasionally to the supermarket, local shops,vets, etc.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Used to do 15-18000 miles a year - 3000 of which were business miles, the rest getting to work.

Changed jobs as I was sick of traveling by car - it now does maybe 30 per week instead of 350.... Commute daily by bike and haven't missed a day !

campagman

Guru
I did <2000 last year so am thinking if I do the same this year then I will probably get rid of the car. The problem is that occasionally it is very useful but obviously costs a lot especially if not being used. At the moment I have to find excuses to use the car as just leaving it standing in the garage is not good for the car!

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
stephec said:
I'm a service engineer and go all over the country in my company car, it's just turned three years old and has 118,000 miles on the clock. :wacko::ohmy::ohmy:

Ah well thats not your choice, thats your job, so dont feel bad :tongue:

I'm in the same boat really, but my contribution to global warming is a job thats meant ive flown three times as many miles as ive driven in the last 18 months ;) .....carbon footprint the size of Cambridgeshire maybe :wacko:

Top Bottom