Driving school driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Overtook me and another cyclist on the sweeping S bend on the A233 near the Downe/Keston roundabout, or rather his student did. Too close, on the narrowest bit of that road with one wheel on the double white lines, and in the face of oncoming traffic. He even told me it was plenty of room when I caught up with him further down the road!

I find out this morning I'd forgotten to turn on my video camera when I left home. Sigh! I could have done a Cunobelin otherwise, and written off to all the driving schools in the area.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
How else are they to learn the essential driving skills of endangering others and then insisting that they're in the right?

Joking aside, there are a couple of particularly poor ones in Manchester. Worth noting the names of the schools so you know to be wary of them, imo.

Bentmikey,

I sympathise with you forgetting to turn the camera on. Yesterday on my way home I was overtaken by a bendy bus. As it passed it proceeded to squeeze me into the side of the road. I was not amused. I got home and started looking at the footage. About 3 minutes into my commute the picture disappeared, although I still had sound.

I would have definitely reported it had I had the video footage...:blush:

MERV

How do you store all these video files?

They must be over a gig after every commute?

Trying to do dvd's but they take over an hour to make per commute.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Annoyingly, I'd told him to look for his registration on youtube, LOL!

Merv, I mostly don't store them, I delete nearly all the footage because something interesting doesn't happen very often.

domtyler

Über Member
MERV said:
How do you store all these video files?

They must be over a gig after every commute?

Trying to do dvd's but they take over an hour to make per commute.

You can buy external usb2 hdds for peanuts nowadays. Take a look in Maplin's or online. Should be able to pick up 500gb for less than a hundred.

MERV

Yeah 500gb should be enough for now.Good idea.DVD's take ages to make and are fiddly.

Top Bottom