Driving with no licence and no insurance.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Clearly a better driver than many with a licence

classic33

Leg End Member
Two 70 year old men without licences in the same day. Wow. Like buses, you wait for ages and then.... where's the third?
He's behind you!

Landsurfer

Veteran
I was issued with an Airfield Cycling Licence at RAF St. Mawgan in 1976. In 1978 i did a short test and was issued with an Airfield Driving Licence with a limit of a 5 ton vehicle. In 1983 at RAF Leuchars my Airfield Driving Licence was upgraded to allow me to drive tankers on the flightline.
In 1988 with over 12 years of driving experience, albeit on airfields, the airforce sent me on my civilian driving test in Ipswich. I passed first time but still never drove on the roads for another 5 years.... I didn’t have a car ....:smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I was issued with an Airfield Cycling Licence at RAF St. Mawgan in 1976. In 1978 i did a short test and was issued with an Airfield Driving Licence with a limit of a 5 ton vehicle. In 1983 at RAF Leuchars my Airfield Driving Licence was upgraded to allow me to drive tankers on the flightline.
In 1988 with over 12 years of driving experience, albeit on airfields, the airforce sent me on my civilian driving test in Ipswich. I passed first time but still never drove on the roads for another 5 years.... I didn’t have a car ....:smile:

Well that Airfield Cycling License hasn't served you well considering you keep falling off your bike at slow speeds ? :whistle:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I think they said he was 84 and had been driving since he was 12 so 72 years he had been driving.

I knew soneone who drove without a license for around 30 years. He was a terrible driver.

My dad was issued with a licence in WW2; when my mum learnt to drive in the late 1940s/early 50s she told him he was a terrible driver and made him get lessons and take the test. She passed first time, he took three goes to get it. He was not a good driver, mum was far better but he'd passed his test so she tolerated his driving. He was not a bad driver as such - he was considerate and careful in many ways - but he was always very tense and somewhat clumsy and harsh, which didn't make for a smooth ride in cars without synchromesh; mum was much better at double-declutching and hill starts without stalls or excessive revving.

Top Bottom