Drownings?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spen666

Legendary Member
anyone drown on the commute into London today? Hands up if you did?

On both CS2 and CS3 in places there were huge puddles (mini lakes) there.

Seems like drainage was not thought about properly on the construction phase of the Cycle Superhighway

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Probably the wrong type of rain.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Yes it was a triffle damp on the way home this morning. On the plus side the new BTwin overtrousers kept it at bay very well.

mythste

Veteran
There is something utterly glorious about cycling in the rain with the right gear.

Last nights downpour was defended against with Morvelo Stormshield bibtights, showers pass waterproof socks, Morvelo Stormshield Jersey and Hoy Vulpine waterproof beacon jacket with a Rapha deep winter cap to top it off (wayyyy).

Got home with sore cheeks, not from the weather, but from grinning!

Stood at Waterloo yesterday waiting for a bus

Big puddle, and a queue standing right next to it.

Traffic was moving slowly so no big spray, but every time a vehicle went through the "swell" would soak their feet

Everyone just stood there..... it did not seem to occur that if the queue moved back from teh kerb, their feet would be dry

Sixmile

Veteran
all that rain gear spells more moisture on inside than outside. A good radiator at work and bob's your uncle.

Unless your work has signs like this up...
IMG_20161110_104349244.jpg

Dirtyhanz

Veteran
If the rain is warm that's ok if it's cold well that's something else I go with the principal of your skin is waterproof can survive a bit of wet but I wouldn't want to sit in work damp socks all day I have done a few times I always forget to bring spare socks

Top Bottom