Drum kit for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I saw it today in one of those Cash Converter shops. It's £119 but he said i could have it for £90,as he caught me tapping away.I don't know. It's tempting but what would the neighbours think about it? :unsure:

They will love it. Trust me. I bought all my young nephews drum kits as birthday/Christmas presents and my brothers were delighted. So much so that I followed up with trumpets for the next occasion.

Tommy2

Über Member
What about some practice pads for everyday practice?
I could never afford them when I was younger so just used to put old towels over them.

Firestorm

Veteran
you can yet rubber mats to go on the drums; I have them on mine, and there are quieter sticks available too,
Both of these compromise the feel, but when ypu are as crap as I am it doesnt matter and it keeps everone happy.
the other issue is the kick drum and pedal does tend to vibrate through the floor. My kit is at the back of the house above the kitchen, so it doesnt have a great deal of impact, but if it was above a main living area she might get yhe hump.
its the swearing when i get it wrong which is the most obvious noise apparently

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
We have a drumkit in our office.
Bloody good fun they are. Great to have a smash around when bored.

But, they are loud, very loud. ear ringingly loud. Your neighbours wont like you. Even with mats.

IMG_20170406_172357.jpg

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I always wished I could play drums. I have rhythm but it all seems to go to pot if I have a go.
An old school mate of mine, Dik Davies, was a gifted drummer who went on to play in various bands in the 70s and 80s, most notably Fashion. I always envied his talent. Sadly he is no longer with us. The Rock and Roll lifestyle got him in the late 90s.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Nah, an electronic kit and headphones is the way to go these days. Firstly you won't upset your neighbours. Secondly you can change the sounds of the drums to suit, and record stuff.

If you want it more for fun, look into Aerodrums. My mate has a set, and once you get used to the fact that you have to whack mid-air, it's really quite fun.

Top Bottom