Dry as a bone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Or dry as a nun's nasty as Barry McKenzie would say.

Wish I could be there to experience it.

CaadX

My first ride on the South Downs this morning and the trails were rock hard and as dry as they are in the summer.
It's not been a drought as such but very little rain lately and the chalk drains well any way.
It certainly makes it an easier ride for novices like me.
Lucky old you its slop in West Wales at the mo and thats just riding on the road between the smelly farms.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
After moving down from Hayfield to the Cotswolds, I've never experienced mud like it is around here!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I set myself an offroad target this year because I have been concentrating too much on my road riding in recent years, and neglecting the fine bridleway network that we have up here.

The problem is that many of my favourite bridleways become like swamps in the winter (and our typical wet summers!) and I don't like mud.

My offroad target for 2017 is 610 miles and so far I have done 0 inches of it! :laugh:

I'll get my CX bike out of hibernation go and ride some of my drier offroad routes such as these ...

caadx-first-ride-bridleway-turret-hall-to-blackshaw-head-jpg.94203.jpg

caadx-first-ride-below-great-rock-jpg.94202.jpg

caadx-on-steep-bridleway-looking-towards-stoodley-pike-jpg.98295.jpg

caadx-on-gravel-road-to-walshaw-jpg.96058.jpg

Jody

Stubborn git
I did Lady bower in the peaks . And it was still wet and sloppy

Some parts stay like that almost year round in the peaks, even after long dry spells.

Top Bottom