Dry Lube

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It evaporates to leave a wax. Good for dusty conditions.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I use it during the summer (or what passes for one) and prefer it - the chain runs quieter and is less messy.
That said, I wouldn't consider using dry lube at this time of year.

Although someone will probably be along in a minute who uses it year round. ;)

400bhp

Guru
I use dry all year round. I cannot stand wet lube, in particular on the commute as it leaves a gooey mess.

I got given a massive can of Morgan Blu Race oil a couple of years back and it's by far the best chain oil I've come across.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I use a lot of mucc off lubes. Never had much of an issue. I use their more premium C3* Ceramic line of lubes though. I have some standard wet lube from them i bought for £1.50 for 50ml per bottle after i stumbled across 5 of them at my local tescos.

I also have some Teflon based dry lube on my Carbon bike from Finish Line atm. Works pretty well.

Last edited:

wisdom

Guru
Fenwicks stealth for me in the summer on all the bikes.In winter Mucoff urban.Still mickle every week with both types though

gazza1286

I'm presently using 'squirt' which is a wax based dry lube. I also avoid wet lube for the same reasons.
Unfortunately squirt doesn't seem to tolerate lower temperatures. They now supply a low-temp version which I haven't tried. Anyone out there who's given it a go?

Top Bottom