Drying shoes / clothes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mike1026

It really is great after a spell of rain to dry your stuff in the hot sun but don’t do what this chap at St Leonards in East Sussex did http://www.telegrap h.co.uk/news/ newstopics/ howaboutthat/ 5314615/Naked- cyclist-tackled- by-judge. html
I always wear sandals in the Summer with ‘SealSkinz’ socks and ‘Goretex’ overshoes as this combination is warm and easier to dry than wet shoes. I also have a ‘GoreTex’ cape this keeps the rain off and is very easy to dry.
Needless to say I am also a victim of the fashion Police but I stay comfy.

Brains

Legendary Member
Many camp sites have places you can dry stuff, if not officially look for the plumbing service room. Otherwise just hang your stuff in the loos overnight.

Small stuff such as pants and socks can be dried by wrapping in a towel, walking over it a few times, and then putting under or over you sleeping bag for the night

If only damp, I put the items in my sleeping bag with me and let my body heat warm/dry them.

If saturated, I hang them somewhere outside to drip-dry, and then hang them to dry on panniers/rack if i don't have/need to wear them.

I always try to take a set more than necessary for such situations - they don't weigh much or take much space and is deffo worth it.

Top Bottom