Dualit Toasters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I cant believe you've only just discovered this function ^_^ apparently is not good to toast thin air and Dualit recommend using the 1 slice function to prolong heating element life. However they are so well built, as you've demonstrated, it may only reduce element life from 50 to 25 years.
I mean, a chimp could operate the ugly, manual, overpriced monstrosity that is the Dualit :laugh:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
It's also great fun whacking the lever and seeing how high out of the slots you can get the toast to jump 😄
Is this a diversion from The Retirement Thread or an adjunct? 😂😂

kynikos

Veteran
I was just about to place my order for a new element when I had a thought, the toaster has a "One Slice" option via an illuminated neon switch.

Every day brings a little more knowledge. Today I discovered that my mere seven year old, just about run in, faultless so far, Dualit toaster has a 'one slice' option that I'd never noticed before.

I can also reveal to the uneducated that the Dualit will toast one slice perfectly well, even with the 'two slice' option selected...:laugh:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
If you take a slice of your favourite bread to the nearest John Lewis store and check that it fits ok. I sometimes turn the slice of bread upside down mid toasting if there's a bit sticking out. It's easy to do as there's a counterbalanced lever that raises and lowers the bread ( it doesn't pop up after toasting but keeps the toast warm inside the toaster ) The counterbalanced lever is what I was referring to when I mentioned whacking it to see how high in the air you can get the toast to fly.

Thanks for your reply.

A tad surprised that a whole slice may not get toasted in one hit.

Why do toaster designers assume that slices of bread are square and not rectangles?

OP
OP
Tenkaykev

Tenkaykev

Guru
Ah, now that is good to know. Thanks.
They also do a toastie style clamp with a handle that is also useful for squishing down hand cut doorsteps.
C3A4057F-FACB-47DC-994C-D0A0C048D910.jpeg