Duckett Superlight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wondered if any of you guys would know or remember Duckett? This is my Dad's bike... i will be getting it road ready for L'eroica 2017.

20161229_135658_zpspgwrxnwl.jpg

Attachments

• 20161229_135658_zpspgwrxnwl.jpg
    20161229_135658_zpspgwrxnwl.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 45

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@smitty190373 that looks good and not a name i have heard of before

OP
OP
smitty190373

smitty190373

Hi @biggs682

Thank you... I found a tiny bit about Duckett on the internet but not much. It has Campag 5 speed with Campag hubs and Reynolds 501 tubing. i'll be adding a chainring! He went all over the UK and Ireland on it in the late 50s.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Hi @biggs682

Thank you... I found a tiny bit about Duckett on the internet but not much. It has Campag 5 speed with Campag hubs and Reynolds 501 tubing. i'll be adding a chainring! He went all over the UK and Ireland on it in the late 50s.

well thats something else i have learnt today , and how nice to have your dads old bike , wish my parents had kept any of there's

hope you enjoy using it

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Thanks mate!

it'll be a bit different to riding a carbon 22 speed compact,thats for sure!

i know which one i would rather have all day long and its not plastic either

Hi @biggs682

Keep it as it is and embrace the experience , if your dad managed to get round the UK and Ireland and with 5 gears surely you should to ;) :biggrin:

Paul

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
That link made interesting reading -

"The photos of the shop were taken by Alan and June Polley around 1957. They were professional photographers, and customers of the shop in the 1950s - they were regular callers, as often for social visits as for business".

I knew Alan and June fairly well as they were members of my last club, The Goodmayes wheelers. They were no longer active cyclists in the late eighties but Alan was still a keen photographer, regularly out at club events with lens at the ready.

Top Bottom