Dude watching womens sports

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
This week I have never before taken so much interest in womens sports.

First, the Womens Tour of Britain, been watching it every night and on Sunday I am going to watch it in the flesh (I am in fact travelling in one of the service cars!!!

Second, the England Womens team this week against Columbia, watched the whole match, was amazing!

and today, i'm following the Aerobic Gymnastics, as some of the Team GB are from the local club my son attended.

Now, we just need to get some girls into Formula one and we are sorted.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
This week I have never before taken so much interest in womens sports.

First, the Womens Tour of Britain, been watching it every night and on Sunday I am going to watch it in the flesh (I am in fact travelling in one of the service cars!!!

Second, the England Womens team this week against Columbia, watched the whole match, was amazing!

and today, i'm following the Aerobic Gymnastics, as some of the Team GB are from the local club my son attended.

Cant see the lycra though when they are in a car ............

MiK1138

Veteran
Nowt wrong with "Womens Sport" I was out on a run last week and came across a Womens Cricket Match, so sat there had my lunch and watched a few overs, some of them girls dont throw like girls, seen some mean bowling

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Why are there no women drivers in F1. It seems such an obvious sport for women to excel in, there are no physical "boundaries" and it seems that a lack of testosterone is a real benifit these days. More and more drivers are being picked ...and succeeding....because of their intelligence and not their masculinity or aggression.

I would imagine that having a mixed sex Grand Prix would be a fantastic leveller and would draw far more interest than the usual crowd.

Cheddar George

oober member
The only womens sport i have any interest in is track cycling.

I did enjoy the mixed team triathalon in the Commonwealth games, they should give that some serious thought.

Last edited:

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Why are there no women drivers in F1. It seems such an obvious sport for women to excel in, there are no physical "boundaries" and it seems that a lack of testosterone is a real benifit these days. More and more drivers are being picked ...and succeeding....because of their intelligence and not their masculinity or aggression.

I would imagine that having a mixed sex Grand Prix would be a fantastic leveller and would draw far more interest than the usual crowd.

Generally because there are a minimal number of women coming up the feeder channels. You're still dealing with a generation of parents that see boy specific and girl specific sports so at 8 it's a lot easier for a girl whose family could afford it to want to ride ponies than race go-karts.

My hope is that in a decade or so when this generation are parents they are more liberal in general about who does what, but to a degree as long as there is a pink aisle in Toys R then there will be an imbalance in motorsport.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Generally because there are a minimal number of women coming up the feeder channels. You're still dealing with a generation of parents that see boy specific and girl specific sports so at 8 it's a lot easier for a girl whose family could afford it to want to ride ponies than race go-karts.

My hope is that in a decade or so when this generation are parents they are more liberal in general about who does what, but to a degree as long as there is a pink aisle in Toys R then there will be an imbalance in motorsport.
Maybe, I always thought my sister missed her opportunity, she was...is...a fantastic driver and on a rally drivers course when in her 20's (birthday present) she cleaned up, beating the guys by a clear mile. She went on to do a brands hatch formula first day, with me and we came first and second over the entire group, again...by a clear margin.

Then she went off to work in mental health.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
In your 20's is too difficult to start though, you need a lot of perseverance and £5-10k to finance the most meagre entry in to most motor sports. Much easier to get in to it as a kid with your parents doing the bank rolling and administration crap. I did Motocross as a teen and was terrible at it, when I worked out I wasn't enjoying it and stopped I sold my kit. As an early 20's something I looked at doing it again and suddenly couldn't afford the outlay to get back in to the sport, or the space in my 20's something house to securely store what I'd have wanted to buy. So I never did (I'd still have been crap mind). Yes, if you got a talented woman driver with a bit of a track record she'd probably be a goldmine when it came to securing sponsorship (but I bet it would be a very varied field when you went shopping for it) only there aren't that many. Yet.

tfg71

Nothing wrong with watching women's sport. My daughter was in the Scottish women's fa football academy at her school until she dislocated her kneecap ( then proceeded to push it back into place as it didn't look right). Unfortunately that ended that. We have a young woman now Sammi Tasker who lives just up the street from us - have a look at her stats online she rides motorcycles and has bigger nutz than a lot of men me included. I did start getting into the lingeriebowl but never got peace to watch it.

Top Bottom