Dura Ace 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
It's reputedly going to be in the shops within a couple of months, there goes my idea of not getting another roadie or a while. Now which frame to go with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drool here

mondobongo

Über Member
Very nice the brake calipers look really classy and Shimano have introduced a joining link along the lines of a powerlink.

yenrod

Campag. grabbed the c.fibre look with its Record stuff eons back. It just dont look right on Shimano.

The calipers are ok but I feel the Campy ones are just better :tongue:

The c.set looks to 'Has to be Shimano and nothing else - ie you've got to use our stuff and NO ONE ELSES! :ohmy:

That styling is luv or hate and its just about doing it with me: having said that if I was to win a bike with a durace gruppo on - no worries but as for actually buying: 'nah, not really !

The finish will rub off just like black painted or anodised stuff does :angry:

Thumbs down for me - im afraid.

And i'm a Shimano fan! mainly for the operation of the STi lever :tongue:

SHIMANO need to think of a good, new name, its great for fishing but for cycling: it just doesnt work.

Now Campagnolo ~ that has style.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
but then again it might grow on me.....

justAl

Campag might look cool but this is understated excellence (not flashy) which makes it cool.
perhaps a "cool board" is needed and messers clarkson and hammond can adjudicate!

domtyler

Über Member
justAl said:
Campag might look cool but this is understated excellence (not flashy) which makes it cool.
perhaps a "cool board" is needed and messers clarkson and hammond can adjudicate!

Nice summary justAl! ;)

It seems to have "I WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN" written all over it in big letters! While still managing to look very high tech and futuristic.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not so sure about the new 11 speed 'Super Record' - the levers look a bit 'orrible and it's gone a little tacky on the lables - instead of a Simple 'Record' with small Carbon, or Titanium lettering, it's got Super Record, but then with a big "11 Speed" written on it.. sheesh. The rear mech doesn't look as nice either...boo hooo.....

So they are both at it......

DA - way overpriced, Super Record - don't like the levers...bugger - get good ole DA 7800 or Record.....

Top Bottom