1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dura Ace 2009

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Keith Oates, 7 Jun 2008.

1. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

It's reputedly going to be in the shops within a couple of months, there goes my idea of not getting another roadie or a while. Now which frame to go with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drool here

2. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

Very nice the brake calipers look really classy and Shimano have introduced a joining link along the lines of a powerlink.

3. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

And the price has sky rocketed - the comic recons about £1200 :tongue::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

4. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Campag. grabbed the c.fibre look with its Record stuff eons back. It just dont look right on Shimano.

The calipers are ok but I feel the Campy ones are just better :tongue:

The c.set looks to 'Has to be Shimano and nothing else - ie you've got to use our stuff and NO ONE ELSES! :ohmy:

That styling is luv or hate and its just about doing it with me: having said that if I was to win a bike with a durace gruppo on - no worries but as for actually buying: 'nah, not really !

The finish will rub off just like black painted or anodised stuff does :angry:

Thumbs down for me - im afraid.

And i'm a Shimano fan! mainly for the operation of the STi lever :tongue:

SHIMANO need to think of a good, new name, its great for fishing but for cycling: it just doesnt work.

Now Campagnolo ~ that has style.

5. yenrod

yenrod Guest

BTW - dont click on

www.duraace.com

WITH VOLUME TURNED UP on the computer as you'll get the shock of your life !

6. Landslide

Landslide Rare Migrant

Sorry, I reckon that's plain ugly. No doubt it'll work like a dream though...

STIs look very similar to the SRAM stuff in shape.

7. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

This is going to have all those Campag fans wrestling with their consciences for sure.

8. dan_bo

dan_bo How much does it cost to Oldham?

Don't like the two-tone or the new shape shifters really. Bet it works like a dream though.....

9. dan_bo

dan_bo How much does it cost to Oldham?

but then again it might grow on me.....

10. Landslide

Landslide Rare Migrant

Yeah, I might grow to like it if someone gave me a set.:biggrin:

11. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

Sorry, should I be excited?

It looks functional but not exactly stylish. Even Centaur looks better than that...

12. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

I bet it's gorgeous. I upgraded various bits to DA a while ago and was bowled over with the quality.

13. justAl

justAl New Member

Campag might look cool but this is understated excellence (not flashy) which makes it cool.
    perhaps a "cool board" is needed and messers clarkson and hammond can adjudicate!

14. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Nice summary justAl! ;)

It seems to have "I WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN" written all over it in big letters! While still managing to look very high tech and futuristic.

15. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Not so sure about the new 11 speed 'Super Record' - the levers look a bit 'orrible and it's gone a little tacky on the lables - instead of a Simple 'Record' with small Carbon, or Titanium lettering, it's got Super Record, but then with a big "11 Speed" written on it.. sheesh. The rear mech doesn't look as nice either...boo hooo.....

So they are both at it......

DA - way overpriced, Super Record - don't like the levers...bugger - get good ole DA 7800 or Record.....