Durable bike seat heavy rider

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am looking for a replacement bike seat for a Trek Hybrid bike that can support 275 lbs. One of the rails on my current seat snapped in half today and I almost had a bad fall. To be clear, I do not need an extra wide seat, just extra strong. Surprisingly, I have found that most sites do not list the weight limit specs for new seats so hoping someone out there can help me out. Thanks.

You might need to email the manufacturer to ask that, I use a Brooks (leather) saddle myself and it seems fairly robust.

simongt

Guru
I endorse that. Contact Brooks with your request & specs; they have oodles of saddle types of all sorts and go from there. I'd be surpised if they couldn't help. :okay:

Jameshow

Veteran
A mountain bike saddle would probably be stronger.

Chromoly not Steel.

Plenty saddles for 300lbs mentioned on the MTB forum here:
https://www.mtbr.com/threads/strongest-stoutest-seat-out-there.1129951/

More info on rail materials here:
https://www.mtbr.com/threads/saddle-rails-which-are-stronger.644318/

Someone does mention seatpost clamp?

Cromo is steel.

I would go for a general purpose saddle with heavier steel bars.

Light weight saddles are likely to have thin steel or titanium rails which are more likely to break.

GuyBoden

Guru
Cromo is steel.

I would go for a general purpose saddle with heavier steel bars.

Light weight saddles are likely to have thin steel or titanium rails which are more likely to break.

For Rail types, Cromoly is stronger than steel was my point. Yes, I agree, not as brittle as Titanium

Common Saddle rail choices are Steel, Cromoly, Titanium, Carbon as seen below.
Rails.png

Jameshow

Veteran
For Rail types, Cromoly is stronger than steel was my point. Yes, I agree, not as brittle as Titanium

Common Saddle rail choices are Steel, Cromoly, Titanium, Carbon as seen below.
View attachment 663487

But that means they often use less of it to make saddles lighter so they aren't much stronger.

Top Bottom