DVR D011 helmet cam. £25.99 1st test

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
this is the first test of my new helmet cam. its a DVR D011 from 7dayshop.com. camera on its own cost £14.99 but i went for the £25.99 option with the 8GB SD card.

you get what you pay for and this is a "bottom rung of the ladder" cam. the rattle on the video turned out to be the camera switch vibrating. only does it when in the handle bar mount. i sheathed it over with the finger from a latex glove to stop it. the only real quality issue

its OK for the money and good for anyone wanting to just try out a cam for the novelty value.

the only downside in the way it works is the 2 second file jump between 5 minute sections of video. sods law states it will always happen on the one bit of film you need :whistle:

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfPl60uWmBA[/media]

OP
OP
jig-sore

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
yeah, im interested to see how long it lasts. hopefully i'll either be bored of it or ready to invest in a better one when it gives up :becool:

ohnovino

Large Member
That's the camera I had. Mine only lasted 6 days before it wouldn't recharge. 7DayShop were great about refunding, but it's put me off buying another one.

Part of the rattle comes from where the camera mounts into the holder - make sure it's screwed as tight as possible.

OP
OP
jig-sore

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
finally got the chance to test the camera on a longer ride (DVR D011 with 8GB MICRO SD Card).

the battery lasted just over 2.5 hours. the card managed to hold around 1 hour 45min of files (in 5 min chunks) although 3 of the files were corrupt !!??

due to the way the camera works (like a black box in a plane) the first hour of the ride was overwritten and lost. shame as this would have provided more interesting footage

boring to watch but hey ho...

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ-KqujP_Q0[/media]

Top Bottom