1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dylan Thomas

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Dave5N, 19 Apr 2008.

1. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Just noticed Crackle's Sig. Made me get up from the settee and go and read Fern Hill again.

Great stuff!

2. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

It's quite an uplifting poem of life despite the inevitability of life ending.

It was in the book I dug out to read Betjeman after RichP's post on Joan Hunter Dunn. I've always liked the last two lines. It also reminds me of Spring and summer and we could do with the latter soon.

3. OP
    OP
    Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

I love Dylan Thomas - poems, short stories, plays, everything. Fantastic word play and imagery, and a great sense of place.

(Bet no-one here ever guessed I had a sensitive side :becool:)

4. Noodley

Noodley Guest

I cannae stand poetry. Or plays.

I hope I have not upset you too much, what with you being all "sensitive" :becool:

I do like ballet. :thumbsdown:

5. Well hidden Dave - nice though :thumbsdown:

6. OP
    OP
    Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Bloody hell. Cyclechat's very own Billy McElliott! :thumbsup:

7. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

My son (he's 14 years old) has started to write poetry and sends them to me for comment. However I'm no expert on this, is there someone or place that I could send them to get good critical comments and guidance that I could feed back to my son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. girofan

girofan New Member

You probably will baulk at this Dave, but we have Dylan Thomas in common!!!!! :thumbsdown:
    Who would have thought it? :biggrin:

9. I love me as well:biggrin:

10. OP
    OP
    Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

I once went to a rather good party in the house he grew up in. Lots of booze and boys with guitars.

11. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

Some upbringing that then - Booze and Boys. No wonder he turned all poetic ;)

12. OP
    OP
    Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

No. Not him. Me.

13. Yep I like booze but not boys they get in my teeth and are hard to get out;)

14. OP
    OP
    Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

You're meant to listen to them play electric guitar, not put them in your mouth.

15. Now why would I wish to put my ears through all that. Going to the pub sounds better.