Dyna Tech finaly finished

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevevw

Guru
My modernised Raleigh Dyna Tech is finally finished and on the road after about 3 years wait.
I bought the frame and forks after seeing a club mates fixed gear version which after the initial revoltion to the colour scheme I did for some reason come to like.

The search for parts then began. I started off collecting period correct parts but then came across an American forum which had a thread about old bikes with modern brifters so decided to try that route but using middle of the range parts just in case it did not work. I must say I am glad I did go the modern route but should have gone the whole hog with top end components, guess that means I will be stripping the bike down again in the winter and fitting it out with Record or Super Record components.

PA290986.jpg

I will be changing the stem for a shorter one the pedals for some Campagnolo look type and the crank bolts for the correct Allenheads versions other than that all is good until the upgrades begin.
20120323_084944.jpg

20120323_085035.jpg

20120323_084954.jpg

20120323_085124.jpg

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Storming looking bike, mate!!
And nice scenery for the photos too.
*approves*

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Thanks for all the nice comments. The colour on the main frame tubes I think is screen printed rather than painted. Rear triangle and forks are painted. Lugs are brushed alloy and the head tube is titanium all parts are glued in to the lugs. I rode my carbon race bike to work today and have to say the Dyna Tech is just as good to ride and feels more comfortable. I am loving this good weather it has given me the chance to use a different bike everyday this week. I must get back in the workshop and build some more bikes so I can ride a different bike to work every day for a month in the summer. :smile:

Richard Broomhead

Hi Steve,

Lovely bike! Just a quick query... I've got a Dynatech 700 which I'd love to modernise ( sti/ergo shifters etc) which means cassette hubs, but mine is only 126mm across the rear dropouts. I'm given to believe that they don't respond well to cold setting. Was yours 130mm, or did you just encourage the hubs into place?

Thanks,

Richard

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Sweet !
I had a dynatech 20 or so years ago and i kick myself regualry because i sold it when i gave up cycling for a while.

curzons246

Veteran
dyna1.jpg
Thanks for the excuse to tell you about my Dyna Tech Pro - I can't claim any credit for her as I purchased her recently on ebay - i'm so pleased with the ride and so glad I didnt go down the modern route - i've been training hard all winter on my Carlton Continental and this is my reward for the weight lost and fitness gained. In the next couple of weeks hope to do 100 miles in eight hours and it will be on the Dyna Tech she is awsome

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Hi Steve,

Lovely bike! Just a quick query... I've got a Dynatech 700 which I'd love to modernise ( sti/ergo shifters etc) which means cassette hubs, but mine is only 126mm across the rear dropouts. I'm given to believe that they don't respond well to cold setting. Was yours 130mm, or did you just encourage the hubs into place?

Thanks,

Richard

Richard sorry for late reply i have been away. Mine is 130mm, I would have thought you would be able to ease a 130mm wheel in but would probably shy away from cold setting incase the glued joints broke.

Top Bottom