Dyna-tech Frame Wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Uphill Phil

Dyna-tech Frame No Longer Wanted

I am after a Raleigh Dyna-tech road frame, 1990s, in good restorable condition. Any model considered, but ideally 700 series. Size 21.5"/54cm or slightly smaller. Can anbody help please?

I would love to say yes as I was striping one down at the end of last year. Then I got nicked from my back yard

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I have a Dynatech 405Ti (I think) frame and forks, in purple. Cromoly frame with titanium top and down tubes, IIRC. One of the gear lever bosses has a stripped thread, but it would make a good fixie. PM me if you're keen.

Uphill Phil said:
I am after a Raleigh Dyna-tech...
I don't want to pish on your parade or owt but why? It is both a Raleigh and an old lugged & bonded frame. They're not pretty to look at, have limited if any historical interest and I can't believe you'd trust the structural integrity of one enough to actually ride it.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
mickle said:
I don't want to pish on your parade or owt but why? It is both a Raleigh and an old lugged & bonded frame. They're not pretty to look at, have limited if any historical interest and I can't believe you'd trust the structural integrity of one enough to actually ride it.

Ermm...tell on!;)
Should I leave mine hanging on the wall then?

dodgy

I can understand why someone would want an old Dynatech. They evoke some pleasant memories for me. Personally I'd like a Dynatech with a pair of those Trimmel forks fitted, I used to eye the one that Barry Clarke used to ride for Raleigh with envy :blush:

Dave.

All the tubing is such a tight fit in the lugs that when they put the frame togever the tubing would push out most of the glue leaving it weaker.

OP
OP
U

Uphill Phil

Doc
I'm currently chasing down one in Glasgow that sounds quite hopeful, but I can't resolve the issue until early next week. I may come back to you then if it doesn't work out. Pity about the stripped thread though ......

Mickle
Sorry if I'm the odd one out, but I like both the look and ride of Dyna-techs, I have fond memories of one I used to own, and I wish I'd never parted with it.

Dodgy
There's room for you under my umbrella!

bagpuss

Guru
A good mate of mine has a complete Dyna-tech ,wild paint finish . It is A1 nick having had little use.Sach new success group set.He is thinking of selling ,i will post some pictures soon.

ASC1951

Guru
I have an unused 1990s Dynatech MTB (yes, I know) frame on which I did about 100 miles before discovering that Campag's attempt at an MTB groupset was absolute pants, particularly their rubbish twistgrip shifters.

Any use?

Top Bottom