Dynamo 2021?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Better off riding there, doing a bivvy. Breakfast next morning then ride back. I’m sure plenty of us have holiday to use up. Take the Monday off.
I'm not on it this year. Last time was a solo ride then on to Lowestoft to meet up with one of the drivers delivering to the store. I put the bike in the trailer and got a lift back to the yard then rode the 12 miles home from there.

frank9755

Cyclist
I did the first half, turning back just after Finchingfield. I couldn't manage the whole thing as we had plans for Sunday and a knee issue has limited my range a bit since April. Turning half way and riding back meant I had a 200km ride and was tucked up in bed just before sunrise!

I'd not done it since 2010 - when we had a big Cyclechat group, with support from SteveVW's daughter in a camper van.

Weather was good - if a little cooler than last time. The numbers were down but there were still a few hundred. It was great riding back seeing a steady stream of riders for about 1.5 hours, plus the odd straggler as far back as Epping - I can't imagine what time he got to Dunwich!

With it being dark, most of the route is not familiar but I particularly recognised a roundabout on the way into Great Dunmow where we sat around for about an hour in 2010 waiting for someone, and watching people like the guy with the dog in his front basket overtake us.

It was a shame not to make it to the beach though - maybe next year.

Last edited:

rb58

Enigma
I did the first half, turning back just after Finchingfield. I couldn't manage the whole thing as we had plans for Sunday and a knee issue has limited my range a bit since April. Turning half way and riding back meant I had a 200km ride and was tucked up in bed just before sunrise!

I'd not done it since 2010 - when we had a big Cyclechat group, with support from SteveVW's daughter in a camper van.

Weather was good - if a little cooler than last time. The numbers were down but there were still a few hundred. It was great riding back seeing a steady stream of riders for about 1.5 hours, plus the odd straggler as far back as Epping - I can't imagine what time he got to Dunwich!

With it being dark, most of the route is not familiar but I particularly recognised a roundabout on the way into Great Dunmow where we sat around for about an hour in 2010 waiting for someone, and watching people like the guy with the dog in his front basket overtake us.

It was a shame not to make it to the beach though - maybe next year.
A CycleChat peloton in 2022?

Top Bottom