E-Bayers Etc.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
After clearing out and disposing of the contents of both mine and my wife's parents houses I do not wish to pass this task on to whoever inherits our house so want to start "thinning down"

I have a vast collection of vinyl, mostly Northern Soul which I will put on Discogs for sale.

Sorry about the long preamble but my question is to people who sell on eBay etc, as Discogs is to a worldwide audience is it now very complicated to sell outside the UK with customs forms etc.

The last time I sold regularly on eBay was about 15 years ago and I just posted stuff to Europe and further afield with no mither, is it all change now, especially with regards to the EU.

Below is an example of a single I have and would look to sell.

The median price being circa £250 would I be liable for customs duty etc if it was bought by someone in the EU? Do you have to do customs forms etc. Sorry if these questions are basic but I really am out of touch with E-Selling.

(I think the current one for sale on there at £622 is a bit optimistic!)

https://www.discogs.com/release/401...lations-Date-With-My-Man-Hook-Line-And-Sinker

D

Deleted member 26715

Sorry can't answer your question, just be careful of Fleecebay fees, they are horrendous now, 12% or thereabouts. Have you considered Faecesbook as an alternative.

vickster

Legendary Member
Sorry can't answer your question, just be careful of Fleecebay fees, they are horrendous now, 12% or thereabouts. Have you considered Faecesbook as an alternative.

They do often have reduced fee weekends, I’ve got 80% off right now for example. Their postage isn’t too badly priced either.

I think the recipient is responsible for custom fees not the sender? Google is your friend

Reactions: C R

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
To send goods abroad you need a CN22 customs sticker.
s-l400.jpg

If you are sending goods tracked (advisable of course) then the tracked sticker will contain a barcode. If you are not sending an item tracked you need to add a customs barcode to the package. All of which you can get from the post office.
On the CN22 sticker as above it asks you what the item is for ie gift, commercial sample, sakes of goods etc.
Tick gift.
In the value box. Put a minimum customs value ie £10.
This way you customer will not have to pay any import duty.
My company sends out hundreds of parcels to the EU this way with normally no problems.

OP
OP
Chislenko

Chislenko

Veteran
To send goods abroad you need a CN22 customs sticker.
View attachment 651316
If you are sending goods tracked (advisable of course) then the tracked sticker will contain a barcode. If you are not sending an item tracked you need to add a customs barcode to the package. All of which you can get from the post office.
On the CN22 sticker as above it asks you what the item is for ie gift, commercial sample, sakes of goods etc.
Tick gift.
In the value box. Put a minimum customs value ie £10.
This way you customer will not have to pay any import duty.
My company sends out hundreds of parcels to the EU this way with normally no problems.

Thanks Ian.

Top Bottom