E-Bike Range non Scientific

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Just piping in with not necessarily related thoughts but...
Driving regularly through Leicester this last week made me see just how many just eat / deliveroo ebike rides there are...loads, many with what loo,k ike 1000w motors and hulking great batteries, many seem to be twist and go, no pedalling.
I wonder idly when I see them, what range do they get , how long to charge them up, how much is a battery ?
The longer term costs with them must surely make them unviable to maintain, repair etc.

Leicester is a nightmare for unrestricted bikes, per my observations, a fair few of them can never have read the highway code. Mind you drivers in Leicester are just as bad. It is a horrid place to ride on the roads, luckily we do have some nice routes to get out of the city, then the countryside is cracking for riding.

Reactions: gbb

Gwylan

Veteran
Leicester is a nightmare for unrestricted bikes, per my observations, a fair few of them can never have read the highway code. Mind you drivers in Leicester are just as bad. It is a horrid place to ride on the roads, luckily we do have some nice routes to get out of the city, then the countryside is cracking for riding.

I had my first significant accident in Leicester. He was pissed as a phart and I was stone cold sober. Think he was in the same lodge as the chief constable.
50 odd years ago. I do hope re is warm and uncomfortable where he deserves to be.

gbb

Legendary Member

Tbf, I found driving standards there better than Peterborough, much better, but having driven quite a few times between the A47 and the far end near the M1, there's nowhere I'd fancy actually cycling. Outside the city, great countryside, I love rolling hills.

Top Bottom