E-Bike(s) residual value?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi there, a work colleague of mine has asked for the best place/site(s) to go to try and ascertain second hand value for e-bikes.

On basis I do not have an e-bike and have never sold one of my bikes (much to my wife's chagrin..."how does anyone "need" eleven bikes?") I don't know where to point her (beyond e-bay etc.).

Any suggestions gratefully received.

D

Deleted member 26715

Interesting question, which I don't know the answer to, but I would have thought Fleecebay, Gumtree, F**kbook assuming you can find any for sale, does he/she not like it?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Worth whatever she can get for it is the flippant answer, but given the second market for ebikes is still small pricing it won't be easy.

Seems to me ebikes depreciate as fast, if not faster, than ordinary bikes.

Buyers are suspicious of hard to fix electrical problems, but the biggest hurdle is battery longevity.

Even when looked after, the simple passage of time eventually kills the battery.

A replacement could be anything from £350 to £700+ which, as you may imagine, wipes out the second hand value.

Do you know what ebike it is?

As with push bikes, quality varies from eBSOs which you would have to pay someone to take away to genuinely nice bikes from respected makes which will always be worth something.

Top Bottom