e-bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex Reed

Regular
I want to buy an e-bike. I got one from a recommended list which is suitable for different terrains but it has limited battery capacity. But I want an e-bike suitable for both different terrains and battery capacity. Which one would be best?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
What's your budget and what sort of riding ? Bit of road and tracks, some sort of hybrid. Roads, some sort of road bike, flying down mountains, jumping of rocks, big mountain bike.

Budget is the limiter ! These things are not cheap.

OP
OP
A

Alex Reed

Regular
What's your budget and what sort of riding ? Bit of road and tracks, some sort of hybrid. Roads, some sort of road bike, flying down mountains, jumping of rocks, big mountain bike.

Budget is the limiter ! These things are not cheap.

my budget is around 800$. I want it to be usable for different terrains.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You need to be aware that some budget e- bikes have had issues with the battery catching fire resulting in loss of the bike and in some circumstances the home.
At the very least always charge outside.
Otherwise like most other things you get what you pay for.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I wouldn't really take much notice of that LIST!

Writer can't even spell the make of bikes correctly when he has a picture in front of him (happens a few times through the review) and clearly doesn't know what he is talking about.... Large, rugged 12" tyres?!?!? :laugh:

1716382784788.png

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
That list has got all the hallmarks of being AI generated bowlocks.

That's what I was thinking, but I'm not familiar with AI stuff so wasn't so sure....

my budget is around 800$. I want it to be usable for different terrains.

The battery is one of the most expensive parts of the bike - hence a cheap bike will probably have shortish range

to go further we need an idea of what you need as a range - 60 miles or 10 miles?

also - what do you mean by different terrains
I ride on roads, paths , gravel paths and canal towpaths with no problems -

would that be enough
or do you need something that can cope with rocks - and hence needs to be much stronger

albion

Guru
Going by the $, ebikes are crazy cheap in the US.

$250 currently gets you the Qlife Cityone. A decent spec and removable battery, possibly EEL Mini by the looks of it.
A 2nd battery will probably be about $250 too. Eel mini capacity maxes out at about 500wh. The one supplied will be less.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Battery capacity is in the legs of the beholder.

Establish how fit, active and willing you are to do some work yourself before spending loads on a steed with big juice you may never exploit.

Even at my planetary weight (I have several small moons) 317 electrons/h gets me 30 miles of max assist in constant use, with some to spare.

Jody

Stubborn git
Going by the $, ebikes are crazy cheap in the US.

$250 currently gets you the Qlife Cityone. A decent spec and removable battery, possibly EEL Mini by the looks of it.
A 2nd battery will probably be about $250 too. Eel mini capacity maxes out at about 500wh. The one supplied will be less.

Intrigued by the price, I've just had a quick look and they don't seem too bad.

Most of the comments on the latest YouTube review point to $200 dollars added on shipping making it nearly 500. But even at $500 its still cheap for a new ebike

albion

Guru
Ah, makes sense. $199 delivery for New York so $199 looks standard. I am not 100% certain it us using the EEL Minibstandard but I guess still very ok for $450(£350) assuming no taxes.

CXRAndy

Guru
I want to buy an e-bike. I got one from a recommended list which is suitable for different terrains but it has limited battery capacity. But I want an e-bike suitable for both different terrains and battery capacity. Which one would be best?

You're in the states. Buy one of these kits from

https://www.electrifybike.com/products/tsdz2b-osf-upgrade-motor-kit-250-750w

Get a battery from them also. Spend a day fitting. You will have a powerful, decent 40 mile range to what ever bike you have.

I converted my wife's new bike. A Kona Dew
1000012363.jpg
to this
1000012158.jpg

50mm tyres, front suspension, dropper post seat and panniers, already done, just no photos yet.

Top Bottom