E scooter / ebike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
So how do you classify something like this, same as an e-scooter

View: https://youtu.be/NJDdEj6mVZM

EDIT I think it may be de-restricted though. :whistle:

Wow, I want one! Love the noise it makes. How the rider, or any other, is able to ride at that speed though with the constant changing sunlight to shade is beyond me.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
In the UK at least, e-scooters are not a legal road vehicle. They do however, where trials are being run, require a driving license. Because they are classed as motor vehicles.
I'm no fan, to me they're jumped up toys. Seen bloke on Bristol railway path riding an unrestricted one at high speed - probably 30mph+. We ban 30mph mopeds from cyclepaths but the use of rental escooters, plus social media misinformation has resulted in an explosion of illegal scooter use, including top of the range faster ones. In short, that moron Boris has allowed the effective motorisation of cyclepaths intended for non-motorised traffic.

I'd rather be on an ebike if the battery goes flat. At least you can pedal home. It's a long manual 'scoot' if the scooter battery fails or you forgot to charge it up. Could be worse as if you can't put it in neutral, your pushing against gears.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Other than the official trial scooters, are there any legal e scooters on the UK?
As far as I am aware...No. Bristol & SW is home to a 'trial' which they've now announced is a 'success' based solely on miles recorded travelling. Although you're supposed to have a provisional licence, many riders I see are suspiciously young to have prov licences.
And as for private scooters....everywhere on pavements. Daftest thing I saw was a woman coming up our street on the pavement trying to balance shopping bags on the handlebars:wacko:. And like the yellow 'Yo' bikes we had here, escooters are now new street litter, just dumped.

Top Bottom