1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ealing Cyclists

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by stephenb, 27 Jul 2007.

1. stephenb

stephenb Über Member

I seem to recall that there were quite a number of forum users from around Ealing. Are any of you planning to do the Dunwich Dynamo tomorrow night? I'm doing it for the first time (slightly scary) and would welcome some company at least as far as Hackney. Any takers?

2. greenlake

greenlake New Member

I should be joining you but can't make it. Have a great ride

3. OP
    OP
    stephenb

stephenb Über Member

thanks greenlake - I was feeling like billie no mates for a while there!

4. greenlake

greenlake New Member

Do you want my train ticket back? Shame for it to go to waste. Darsham 8:45, arrive London Liverpool at 11:16.

I'm sorry to miss the ride this year

5. OP
    OP
    stephenb

stephenb Über Member

that would be brilliant greenlake, thanks, but I suspect I'm too late to catch you now. Please post if you're here.

6. greenlake

greenlake New Member

I think I just sent you a private message with my mobile number...

7. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

on the forum page it looks like there's threads called "Ealing flies - stomach upsets" and "Eating cyclists".

8. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

First time is saw the name of the tread I read "Eating cyclists" too.

9. Shaun

Shaun Founder Staff Member

So, how did the Dunwich Dynamo go? ;)

10. OP
    OP
    stephenb

stephenb Über Member

absolutely out of this world. We cycled against the tide for 5 or 6 hours, quite a few withdrew at the feed station, by which point we were soaked through and (especially skinny ones like me) were frozen to the core. Almost joined those who bailed out (not helped by an unplanned 5 mile detour courtesy of missing a turn off) but re-connected with 5 riders I'd been with earlier and the 6 of us (Simon, Jeremy, Dave & Co) hacked through the rest of the way at a suitably gentlemanly pace. Couldn't use greenlake's ticket coz arrived at Dunwich too late but coaches worked well. Will definitely aim to do it again next year if the forecast is better (could it be worse??) and armed with 20/20 hindsight will also take Monday off work! Any other stories? If there's a separate thread I haven't found it.

11. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

dear oh dear, I thought this mean Dulwich for some reason and thought it was some local hop across London from somewhere nowhere near me

duh

Hackney would have been lovely for me although 120 miles sounds long

might have been a bit early for me this year

count me in for sure next year, it sounds brilliant

sorry about the rain, that must have been a bit of a bore