Early Morning call = fastest commute ever!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike!

Guru
I had a rude awakening this morning at 5am, work had systems down and I needed to come in.

Hopped on the bike and WOW what a difference it makes with hardly any traffic and the feeling of being under pressure to get to work, knocked a fraction over 2 mins off my best time over the 5 miles and averaged 17mph where I normally struggle to get over 14mph average ^_^ All in the wet too!

martint235

Dog on a bike
It's great isn't it? When I used to commute to London I would be averaging around 16mph but I had to do the same journey early on Sunday mornings occasionally and then the average would rocket to near (only near :sad: ) the magical 20!!

OP
OP
Mike!

Mike!

Guru
Haha, no RLJ as I work for the local bus company, if I ever got caught doing it I'd be crucified (apart from the fact I value my life anyway). I felt surprizingly good at the end too, must work harder next time!

Still buzzing now ^_^ pathetic really!!

Norm

I had a similar but opposite last year, when Mrs Norm forgot to tell me I needed to be home by a certain time until 20 mins before that time, when I was 10 miles away. I didn't get there in time, but that was certainly my fastest commute.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I rode home when England were playing one of their home matches at 5pm on a Friday.

Clear roads, empty dual-carriageway and my fastest commute time.

Co-incidence, I think not. Come on England!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I had a rude awakening this morning at 5am, work had systems down and I needed to come in.

Hopped on the bike and WOW what a difference it makes with hardly any traffic and the feeling of being under pressure to get to work, knocked a fraction over 2 mins off my best time over the 5 miles and averaged 17mph where I normally struggle to get over 14mph average ^_^ All in the wet too!

To be fair it is mostly downhill to your work (I presume near football ground or Star Lane area )
and not many stupid buses to get in the way at that time of the morning :whistle:

OP
OP
Mike!

Mike!

Guru
To be fair it is mostly downhill to your work (I presume near football ground or Star Lane area )
and not many stupid buses to get in the way at that time of the morning :whistle:

Nothing like encouragement 4F :sad: Although to be fair about 3/4 mile is a 105ft drop (were I'm normally held at 30mph by cars or forementioned stupid {grey} bus) and the rest is pretty flat.

Reactions: 4F

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Nothing like encouragement 4F :sad: Although to be fair about 3/4 mile is a 105ft drop (were I'm normally held at 30mph by cars or forementioned stupid {grey} bus) and the rest is pretty flat.

Woodbridge road hill ? I skirt round most of the hills and don't normally hit them until Witton / Claydon way on the old Norwich road. As you say virtually everywhere else round here is flat ^_^

Berties

Fast and careful!
I have had the fastest commutes both ways this week but,with the traffic today and the rain felt like i was going in reverse,can't see the pot holes on the rural leg of the ride,was about 2 inches from a deep pot hole filled with water which would of spanked my wheel at the least ,idiot drivers all over the place the rain bought them out today:angry:

Top Bottom