Early morning commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Im more at home with the very early hours darkness and sometimes rain.Probably due to lack of cars and everything else.Very few peds around :-)

HobbesChoice

hackbike 666 said:
Im more at home with the very early hours darkness and sometimes rain.Probably due to lack of cars and everything else.Very few peds around :-)
;) :smile: :smile:

OP
OP
S

stemaka

hackbike 666 said:
Yeah crap job today...not home till after 4pm if im lucky.

Made my sandwiches though and time has just flown.

*and you.

Hi, set off at 3.25 this morn,good ride into work.Started at 4.50.Bad morning though,Bus started going wrong at about 5.30.Heater stopped working and all these warning lights came on.Had to ring control and get a mechanic.Had to wait till 8 am to get it all sorted.I was so so cold while waiting,had to do running on the spot ect to try keep warm.Not a good morning.Anyway after my break did another journey on the bus over from Barnsley to Holmfirth over all that lovely snow coverd countryside.what a lovely sight.Was tired when i got home today and think i have a cold comming on,maybe due to lack of sleep and the sudden extra exercise.I start work at 4.20 am tomorrow so have decided to go in the car.I am gonna have a couple of days rest (day off thur) as i am tired,not just the sudden long commute but combined with the very early starts and will commute on the bike again fri and sat.Also my wife wants to go shopping tomorrow afternoon
icon_cry.gif
as i will be finished by 1 pm so i can get home in half an hour by car.Also i need to look at my bottom bracket,it's making a slight cracking noise.Think there is water in it from yesterdays rain

Two tips...when the alarm goes off get straight up...no snoozing bawlocks...also don't have a kip when you get home if you can avoid it.I have broken rule number two a few times and it buggers up the whole week.

Anyway sandwiches done and just about to depart.Today's job is 45 minutes shorter and finishes at 2pm.Still 18 miles is 8 miles longer than my commute although I am an old fart now so it isn't always easy.I was sick six times on the way to work on Monday due to the cold air affecting me.Better yesterday.Tend to use my mask if t gets like that.I have two bikes anyway as I haven't got a car to fall back on.May get a fixie for the real early morning commutes as no-one about...best time to ride it.

Holiday next month first though so the new bike is on the back burner.

potsy

Rambler
hackbike 666 said:
Two tips...when the alarm goes off get straight up...no snoozing bawlocks...also don't have a kip when you get home if you can avoid it.I have broken rule number two a few times and it buggers up the whole week.

Anyway sandwiches done and just about to depart.Today's job is 45 minutes shorter and finishes at 2pm.Still 18 miles is 8 miles longer than my commute although I am an old fart now so it isn't always easy.I was sick six times on the way to work on Monday due to the cold air affecting me.Better yesterday.Tend to use my mask if t gets like that.I have two bikes anyway as I haven't got a car to fall back on.May get a fixie for the real early morning commutes as no-one about...best time to ride it.

Holiday next month first though so the new bike is on the back burner.
Agree with both of your top tips Hackbike,but must admit rarely get straight out of bed myself,that snooze button is too tempting:smile:
Afternoon naps were common for me at one time,but they do effect the ability to get to sleep at night so I try to avoid them.

potsy said:
Agree with both of your top tips Hackbike,but must admit rarely get straight out of bed myself,that snooze button is too tempting:smile:
Afternoon naps were common for me at one time,but they do effect the ability to get to sleep at night so I try to avoid them.

Im not to bad...I have a mate at work who has been there as long as me and he suffers badly in the morning though he smokes and doesn't cycle and drinks occasionally.Whether that is the cause I don't know.Perhaps he sleeps deeper than me.I woke up half an hour before the alarm went off this morning and also got up ten minutes before it went off.Quite good today although I needed a few minute power nap at Eastleigh.

I use a "SAD" clock...it lights up to six rows of LED's 15 minutes before the alarm goes off...but generally when the first row lights it wakes me up.

Top Bottom