1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Early morning rides from London

Discussion in 'CycleChat and Recreational Rides' started by DaddyShortLegs, 14 Aug 2007.

1. DaddyShortLegs

DaddyShortLegs New Member

Hi there,

Does anybody know of group rides that leave early in the morning on weekends, from the London area?

I am talking 6:30 - 7:00am sort of times.

Ideally, I would be after rides that meet around Richmond Park, and head out through the Surrey Hills.

Hope there are some early birds out there!

Thanks,

Nathan

2. peejay78

peejay78 Well-Known Member

i ride out from bow, usually leaving home at 7.15, get to crystal palace around 8am, then head off to kent for three to four hours of lanes and hills on most saturdays.

3. ChrisW

ChrisW Senior Member

Nathan,

9.00 too late? If not, then Kingston Wheelers ride Sun a.m and sometimes Sat a.m. from just south of Kingston.

But actually, an earlier one would be better for those of us close to divorce because of disappearing all Sun a.m. and part of the p.m.!

4. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

You wont be able to go to the Surrey Hills soon Nathan, have you not heard that London is going to be an independant state from TheRestOfUK P.L.C. ?

5. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

Check out

http://www.lcc.org.uk/

There's a link to "what's on" and to "local groups" so you may find something to your taste.

6. simon l& and a half

simon l& and a half New Member

The Cheam and Morden leave te Victoria Crossroads in North Cheam at 9...most rides are through Surrey, and you can stick with it for all or part of the day
    http://www.aqvm78.dsl.pipex.com/SWLDA/

7. Valiant

Valiant Senior Member

Ah we must be neighbours :rolleyes: