east mids newbi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
i am new to cyclyle camping and woundered if theres others out there that fancy teaming up for a first cycle camp? ride out camp ride back sort off thing ? thats the wimp in me comeing out and i dont care, the closest im getting to a round the world trip is reading abput it.

3tyretrackterry

i would be very interested will have to check with SWMBO i have thought about it and have a lot of the stuff needed what sort of distances would you be looking at

OP
OP
steve52

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
i terry to be honest apart from having my tent bag cooker and paniers plus the overwhelming though that i must do this i havent thougt about it hehe im all impulse me! but im comfortable with any distance up to 100 miles , i would have thought a thirty minimum, ? so im verey flexible
i would be very interested will have to check with SWMBO i have thought about it and have a lot of the stuff needed what sort of distances would you be looking at

3tyretrackterry

i planned a route to Nottingham Holme Pierrpoint campsite which was about 25mile which i thought as a shake out was ok the campsite was about 10 pound per night with fences to lock bike to
i was going to stay one night then cycle back
it was going to be a test to a) make sure i could carry the kit needed and b) that i had all the kit i would need for sleeping eating washing and cooking and make sure i had the correct clothes for cycling and just general wear at night

OP
OP
steve52

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
sounds cool im in when do we go?
see i said im all impulse :tongue: on a grown up note i would need to be free on the days your thinking of but in principal im deff there
i planned a route to Nottingham Holme Pierrpoint campsite which was about 25mile which i thought as a shake out was ok the campsite was about 10 pound per night with fences to lock bike to
i was going to stay one night then cycle back
it was going to be a test to a) make sure i could carry the kit needed and b) that i had all the kit i would need for sleeping eating washing and cooking and make sure i had the correct clothes for cycling and just general wear at night

blockend

I'd urge caution with regard to cycle-touring with relative strangers. I did two tours with someone who stirred at 11am, lived on sandwiches, did 80 mile day minimums and looked for a campsite when it was too dark to see the way ahead. As an up by 7am, cooked breakfast, on the road by 8.30, 60 mile day, showered by 5pm, gas ring gourmet, there were some tensions in the cycling relationship!

3tyretrackterry

Thats a very good point Blockend

I am hopefully meeting steve52 on a social ride at weekend which means we can talk and find out what each other is like a bit and maybe unfortunatley for steve i am not so impulsive i am a bit of a planner

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I'd urge caution with regard to cycle-touring with relative strangers. I did two tours with someone who stirred at 11am, lived on sandwiches, did 80 mile day minimums and looked for a campsite when it was too dark to see the way ahead. As an up by 7am, cooked breakfast, on the road by 8.30, 60 mile day, showered by 5pm, gas ring gourmet, there were some tensions in the cycling relationship!

I'd drive everyome mad then. Some days I do as little s twenty miles , some days I do eighty. I've set off as early as 06:00 and as late as 14:00. I'll happily ride past a camp site at dusk and wild camp. At no point apart from the final day's ride do i know where I will end up.

Top Bottom