East Yorkshire. Anyone had an run ins with EYMS buses?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Has anyone had any run ins with EYMS buses in East Yorkshire (burgundy and cream livery)? I got very nearly taken down yesterday by one in an eye-wateringly close overtake (at speed). I'm after the best place to write to on this if anyone else has unfortunately had to put in a complaint about a particular bus.

Thanks in advance.

Shame..East Yorkshire used to be generally better drivers than KHCT (now Stagecoach Hull) wjhen I lived up that way, but that was when East Yorkshire had dropped the MS part and were red and white, and the KHCT/Corporation buses were Blue/White

Only thing I can help with there is to confirm that

Customer Relations Officer
East Yorkshire Motor Services
252 Anlaby Road
Hull
HU3 2RS
Tel: 01482 327142 during office hours

is indeed their head officeso I am guessing that is the most suitable first contact

Jezston

Über Member
Did you get the reg or driver number?

If not, was it a busy route? Give them a call, don't let them ignore you, explain the exact time and location and they can work out what driver it was.

OP
OP
marinyork

marinyork

Did you get the reg or driver number?

If not, was it a busy route? Give them a call, don't let them ignore you, explain the exact time and location and they can work out what driver it was.

I didn't get the reg and I don't have a camera. I do know enough information to put in a complaint because the route, exact location of the bus and the very sparse timetable all match up to a very great accuracy, much more so than if I was going round a city. It seems overwhelmingly likely that it was the bus I think it was and as you say they can work out who the driver was. The bus seemed to veer towards me though, I have a suspicion - that I have no way of knowing - that it was malicious, but it could have just been total incompetence.

OP
OP
marinyork

marinyork

I had several other EYMS buses go past me later in the day and all manner of large built to order homes on lorries, no problem.

taxing

A Stagecoach driver was very nice to me today, he stopped and waved me on at a spot where no one EVER stops for you, I've waited 10 mins+ to cross before. (It's a cycle lane going across a road.) The frantic waving was due to the cars coming up at a decent lick behind him. I've never really had a problem with EYMS though.

Top Bottom