East Yorkshire April 100 miler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Soltydog said:
100 mile ride planned for Sunday 26th April

Hull - Beverley - Market Weighton - York - Selby - Hull

Any takers ?

I'm game, but after tonights pathetic 13 miles, I might struggle to be any speed.

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
ComedyPilot said:
I'm game, but after tonights pathetic 13 miles, I might struggle to be any speed.
Don't worry, after my 100 miles today, this isnt going to be a sprint. Velocidad had to fair drag me up the hills & along the flat :biggrin: I was really off form. I think we normally average about 12 - 13mph on the ton rides & with more day light we can take it easy ;)

colly

Re member eR
So have you got the advanced weather forecast then? Going to be icy again so late in the year?;):biggrin:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Yes, I'd be interested and it's at the right end of the month. I'm still a bit worried about talk of 13mph for the whole hundred though.

Shaun

Founder
Might be up for this .... <you can't see my nervous look, can you?>

I'm only just getting back into it after a good few months lay-off, so I'll see how next Sunday's York 50 goes.

My first 100 attempt ended at 94 miles with a blow knee and a call to my brother to pick me and the bike up (20 miles short of home - so don't let me plan the route ... :thumbsup:).

However, I know group rides can sort of pull you along, so it may be the ideal second 100 attempt.

Cheers,
Shaun :ohmy:

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
marinyork said:
Yes, I'd be interested and it's at the right end of the month. I'm still a bit worried about talk of 13mph for the whole hundred though.

We are not going to race off at '13mph' :smile: We will be going at a speed the whole group is comfortable with & we won't leave anyone behind. It's not a race, just a gentle ride out :smile:

I'll get the route done & posted after work today

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
colly said:
So have you got the advanced weather forecast then? Going to be icy again so late in the year?:smile::biggrin:

I wsn't going to mention the weather, but it looks like you've put the curse on us now :biggrin:
My forecast for 26th April
snow/ice 10%
strong winds 60%
showers 80%
heavy rain 50%

Well I am organising it after all, so I doubt it will be lovely :smile:

HelenD123

Legendary Member
If you're doing one of these a month I might be in shape to join you later in the year, fingers crossed. I might wait until August so there's guaranteed to be no ice!;)

Soltydog said:
Don't worry, after my 100 miles today, this isnt going to be a sprint. Velocidad had to fair drag me up the hills & along the flat :blush: I was really off form. I think we normally average about 12 - 13mph on the ton rides & with more day light we can take it easy :smile:

has to be said that it is usually the other way around, with me tucked in behind solty, trying to get an easier ride ;)
i'd be keen to tag along on this ride!

cheers, velocidad.

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
HelenD123 said:
If you're doing one of these a month I might be in shape to join you later in the year, fingers crossed. I might wait until August so there's guaranteed to be no ice!:smile:

I'll probably be burnt out by August :blush:
Hoping to plan another shorter ride soon too. Maybe have an ice-cream run upto Hornsea again ;)

Top Bottom