East Yorkshire Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
Back in about 5.30 after being re-directed back from level crossing where the gates had stopped working. Seemed to take ages to get back home.

Thanks Craig very nice to meet you. I'm sure we will catch up with one another in the future.

A great ride too. Very scenic and some really nice villages and a noticeable absence of cars too.
Whoever said East Yorkshire was flat??? It damn well didn't seem flat to me!!! As I recall I was trailing Craig up pretty much every hill. The one Craig flagged as 'the killer' hill I found ok. Maybe because I expected it to be hard and paced myself. The three before it though? :wacko:

I was just about done in by the time we got back to Beverley. I was hungry and thirsty and, oh joy, there was a van selling FOOD just opposite where I had parked. I opted for the healthy option of a burger, a bar of Cadbury's, a bottle of Pepsi and a bottle of some kind of lemon drink.

Now for dinner. :biggrin: :biggrin:

When I've uploaded the data I'll post a link. http://ridewithgps.com/trips/402442

Colin.

zacklaws

Guru
I've avoided this thread till now as I'd have joined you today for this ride as I'm too guillable, but I needed to be home early today, I'm surprised I did not see you out and about as I was in the Wolds myself this morning for the club run out, but it was a disaster when my rear mech got ripped off along with a couple of spokes some how at the top of a hill and by the time I had removed the remains of my mech, shortened my chain to ride up fixie and trued my wheel best I could, I was late home. But as for rain, I never saw any oddly enough.

Ramblers Arms at Millington is easy to find and the snack wagon on the Westwood is Roy's cafe where we usually finish club rides or start from, depending on which club I decide to ride with that day

Anyway next time, I'll be there providing I'm not at work and plan a good 100 miler if the days are long enough, probably next year now though for that type of ride

Ah, I see by your download, you did the Big G, I hate that ride and will never do it again, this year was my last time and never again so I'm glad I did not turn up

Top Bottom