Easy sociable paced rides- forwarding an email received

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hi CCer's

Got this email from a contact I haven't heard from in a while - have his permission to post it on here - it's a couple of easy paced rides. Not sure if I will be riding them myself but please contact the people mentioned in the text if you're interested.

ttcycle

First is:-
Orpington to Whitstable and possibly on to Canterbury Sunday, 1 Nov, Ride will start 0900 outside Orpington Station and will use NCN 1 predominantly. Distance is about 58 miles. Train home. Rural, on road, scenic, easy pace.

Ride leader: Steve, 07748 655201

This sounds long, but if you've never taken a long ride like this before, this is the place to begin. Once on the coast, the ride is virtually flat.
There will be regular stops, and no one will be left behind. But be sensibly equipped, you know: tubes and water etc.
This really is the ride for those of you who have only done 30 miles in the past. We'll see how it goes but maybe we can make it the metric ton (100km =
62 miles) by doing a few more miles. We won't be forcing it though as there are lots of get off points on the route, Gravesend, Rochester, Sittingbourne, Faversham, Herne Bay and Whitstable. All these have trains back to London.

Second is on Sunday 15th Nov and its a circular route starting and finishing in Folkstone & going out to Dungeness and back using a different route each way. Think its about 48 miles. More details to follow. Keep your eye on the Bromley Cyclists web site http://www.bromleycyclists.org/autspec.html and all will be revealed in due course.
This one will be led by Charles Potter charles.potter@tiscali.co.uk

Top Bottom